There are many varieties of Dosa, instead of rice and urad dal, wheat flour, rava, moong dal are also used to prepare dosa. Also dosa can be stuffed with veggies or non veg like chicken, mutton as they give different flavor and taste.
Do check out the below link by clicking the name of the dosa to prepare different varieties of Dosa and Dosa Batter along with step by step pictures.
Do check out this link for Chutney collections: https://madraasi.com/recipes/chutneys-dips/.
Do check out this link for Sambar: Tiffin Sambar (goes out well for breakfast) and Sambhar.
Do check out this link for Chicken curry: Chicken Curry for Idly and Dosa and Chicken Korma.
Do check out this link for Mutton curry: Mutton curry and Mutton Bones Curry.
Note: Stay updated for more dosa varieties and chutney varieties.
If you find the post interesting, do encourage me by your follow, likes, shares and valuable comments on: Facebook – Madraasi, Twitter – ImMadraasi, Google+ – ImMadraasi, Instagram- ImMadraasi, Tumblr – ImMadraasi, Pinterest – ImMadraasi
I prepare oats dishes very often, but for about a year I go rarely for oats and now again towards oats. This oats dosa was delicious and crispy, I am sure that everyone should have atleast once in a week. Even kids love this because of its crispness. Let us move on to the recipe…
Instant Oats Dosa
- Oats – 1 cup
- Rice flour – 1 cup
- Maida / All purpose flour – 1/2 cup
- Onions – 2 nos
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Cumin seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Black peppercorns – 1 ½ tsp
- Asafoetida – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 3 tbsp
Dry roasted oats
With rice flour
With maida/all purpose flour and asafoetida
With water, onions and curry leaves
Getting cooked in griddle
Instant Oats Dosa served with Black coffee and Chutney
Instant Oats Dosa
- Dry roast oats in a kadai, until golden brown.
- Transfer it to a plate and coarsely grind it in the Mixie.
- Crush the cumin seeds and peppercorns together using pestle.
- Peel and finely chop the onions and curry leaves.
- Take rice flour, maida, oats, asafetida, crushed cumin and peppercorns, onions, curry leaves with little salt. Mix them well.
- Pour in two cups of water and mix them well, no lumps is formed, until the batter reaches its consistency (should be thin or should be like thick buttermilk).
- Heat oil in a griddle, rub oil with a kitchen towel on the griddle, pour in a spoonful of batter and drizzle oil around the dosa.
- Cook until it turns golden brown, swap the side and cook until golden brown.
Serve hot with Chutney and Idli Chili powder. This goes out well for breakfast but will be heavy for dinner.
Note: You can also add green chilies (finely chopped) along with the onions and curry leaves. You can also prepare plain oats dosa (without onion, green chilies). You can also substitute wheat flour for all purpose flour.