Mango is known as the “King of Fruits”, even though most of us hates summer there is a reason where everyone expects for summer – It’s none other than these Mangoes. Not only kids, most of us love mangoes because of its sweetness. As its seasonal fruit and we get only on summers, we can prepare squash, jam, chutney and refrigerate it for our future use.
Mango squash is a golden, pulpy and sweet liquid prepared very easily at our home. The only thing here is refrigerate them in a sterilized bottle and store them for long life. Let me share the recipe…
For other summer recipes, click here and for grapefruit squash recipe click here.
- Mangoes – 2 nos (medium size)
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
Mango juice getting filtered
Mango juice to sugar syrup
Mango squash almost done
Mango squash with water and falooda seeds
- Peel and chop the mangoes roughly to small pieces.
- Blend them well to a fine paste with ¼ cup of water.
- Bring a litre of water to boil in a sauce pan.
- Add in the sugar, stir well until it dissolves and cook for 10 mins.
- Pour in the lemon juice and cook in medium flame for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, filter the mango juice in a bowl.
- Pour in the mango juice and cook in medium flame for 15 mins or until it reaches thick or squash consistency.
- Remove from the fire, leave it aside and bring it to room temperature.
- Transfer the squash to a sterilized bottle and refrigerate for months.
How to serve: Mix equal quantity of squash and chilled water and serve chilled or Soak 1 tsp falooda seeds or sharbhat seeds in ½ cup of water and top it with the juice (squash mixed with water) and serve chilled.
Grapefruit is a large orange-like fruit that belongs to the citrus family. It is also called as shaddock, as it is found as clusters on the tree, it is known as Grapefruit. The flesh of the fruit comes in white, pink or red. It tastes bitter and sour, but packed with lots of health benefits.
Health Benefits: It helps to promote digestion by increasing the flow of gastric juice, helps reduce the excessive production of cholesterol from the liver, also because of the presence of fat-burning enzyme – helps in weight-loss.
For more summer recipes, click here.
I’m in partying mood and so taking this to our own FiestaFriday #121 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
These fruits are found mostly on summers, you can prepare a squash of this Grape-Fruit and refrigerate them in sterilized bottles for months. Let me share the recipe of the Grapefruit Squash…
- Grapefruits – 2 nos
- Sugar – 6 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
Sugar syrup getting done
With lemon juice
Juice getting filtered
Grapefruit juice to the sugar syrup
Almost reaching the squash consistency
Its done to squash consistency
- Halve the grapefruit, cut the skin of the grapefruit – it look like orange.
- Take ¾ litre of water in a sauce pan, bring it to boil.
- Add in the sugar, stir well, until it dissolves, cook in medium flame for 10 mins.
- Pour in the lemon juice, cook in medium flame for another 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, take out the flesh of the grapefruit (as you take out in orange).
- Blend it with ¼ cup of water to a fine paste.
- Strain the juice well in a bowl.
- Pour in the grapefruit pulp to the boiling water and cook in medium flame for another 10 mins or until it reaches the squash consistency.
- Remove from fire, keep it aside and wait until it reaches room temperature.
- Transfer it to a sterilized bottle and refrigerate.
How to serve: You can mix Grapefruit squash with equal proportion of chilled water and serve it. Else you can substitute sparkling water (soda water) instead of water and serve chilled.
Note: You increase or decrease the quantity of sugar as per your taste buds.
Getting the name watermelon juice, what everyone would expect is the usual watermelon juice. But recently I had a little spicy and sweet version of watermelon in a restaurant. Also I want to try it at home, gave a try and the juice was fabulous.
I have induced little black pepper powder and salt to enhance more flavor to the juice. A perfect coolant which helps a lot in digestion. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other summer recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/2016/04/07/summer-recipes-chill-chill-cool-cool/ and check out this link for other beverage recipes: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/
- Watermelon – 2 cups
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Sugar – as needed
- Take the roughly chopped watermelons, deseed them and blend them well to a fine juice.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt, 3 tsp of sugar and ¼ tsp of black pepper powder and again blend them well.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins.