I never use to have ginger drink right form childhood even after knowing the benefits of having ginger drink. But finally only when we face some problems we suddenly search of a remedy that to a natural remedy to relieve us or keep away from the problem.
This ginger drink helps and relives indigestion, cold. Ginger Drink is prepared in few version, but this one is the simple and good for kids, which is mild spicy. It’s not good to have this drink often, one can have it once in a month, perfect for adults to have in empty stomach and good for kids after a milk or coffee in morning. Also it’s enough for one to consume only ¼ cup (100 ml), so it’s good to have on weekends.
Check out my other beverage recipe in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/.
Let us move on to the recipe…
- Ginger – 100 gm
- Palm Rock Sugar / Panakarkandu – 10 gm
- Ajwain / Carom seeds / Omam – ¼ tsp
- Peel and chop the ginger into fine pieces.
- Heat ¼ litre of water in a small pot, wait until it boil.
- Add in the ginger pieces, palm rock sugar and carom seeds, cover with the lid.
- Allow it to boil for 10 -15 mins in medium flame.
- Remove the lid and filter the water.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Note: You can adjust the quantity of palm rock sugar by increasing its quantity in order to increase the sweetness in it.