Spiced Fruits can be used as a topping for desserts like ice creams and so on.
- Apple – 1 no
- Pear – 1 no
- Kiwi – 1 no
- Brown sugar – 1 ½ tsp
- Cinnamon stick – 1 nos
- Star Anise – 1 nos
Boiling water with cinnamon and star anise
Sliced apple, pear and kiwi
With Brown sugar
- Peel and slice the apple and pear by de-seeding them.
- Peel and slice the kiwi into pieces.
- Take apple, pear and kiwi in a kadai along with brown sugar, cinnamon stick and star anise, cook in medium flame.
- Stir at regular intervals and cook for few mins or until the fruits are cooked (ready to mash).
Bring it room temperature, store in an air-tight container and refrigerate it. Stay fresh for 3 to 4 days.
Now it’s summer time, and I feel colorful to see the streets with beautiful, fresh and colorful fruits. My kids don’t have certain fruits, when it comes to kiwi my son never has it. Also as of summer even we feel to have juices all the time and this resulted in making Strawberry Kiwi Mojito for our Tea time with some fish fries. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other Mojito, Lemonade, Juices and Mocktails in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/
Strawberry Kiwi Mojito
- Kiwi – 2 nos
- Strawberry – 6 nos
- Sugar – 3tbsp
- Mint leaves – a handful
- Club soda / Sparkling water – ½ litre
Strawberry getting cooked with sugar
Kiwi and mint leavesfinely chopped
Kiwi and strawberry syrup
Strawberry Kiwi Mojito
- Peel and finely chop the kiwi fruits and keep it aside.
- Clean and finely chop the strawberry into small pieces.
- Take strawberry pieces along with sugar in a kadai, cook in medium flame.
- Keep on stirring, once when the sugar gets dissolves, start mashing the strawberry with your spoon.
- Cook for 5 to 10 mins, until it reaches a thick syrup like consistency.
- Remove from fire and bring it to room temperature.
- Finely chop the mint leaves, transfer it to a mortar and crush it well.
- Add in half the quantity of kiwi fruit and crush them slightly.
- Take the glass, add in the crushed kiwi fruit and pour in 2 tbsp of strawberry syrup and few finely chopped mint leaves.
- Pour in the club soda and top it with few pieces of strawberry and kiwi.
Kiwifruit is also known as Chinese Gooseberry, since its packed with too many of health benefits. The main health benefit in kiwi fruit is does not raise the blood sugar level and so it’s good for people with diabetics and it also controls asthma. So I have planned to make something with kiwi, finally concluded with KIWI Muffins, which was yummy. The muffins taste too good and the crunchiness of the seeds have given a wonderful texture to the muffins.
Kiwi fruit cake
- All purpose flour / Maida – 1 ¼ cup
- Caster Sugar – 1 cup
- Cooking soda – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Egg – 1 no
- Milk – 1 cup
- Butter(melted) – 2 tbsp
- Kiwi fruit – 1 nos
- Raisins – 10 nos (optional) – I haven’t used Raisins
- Sieve all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Peel and grind the kiwi fruit for puree.
- Take all the wet ingredients along with the puree in a bowl and beat it well.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degree C.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cases and fill ¾ of it.
- Bake it for 10 mins in 180 degree C or until tooth pick inserted in the muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 mins before serving.