As I have shared in my earlier post that my hubby likes Ice Tea to the core, and this Lemon Ice Tea being his all-time favorite after a fantastic and heavy meals. Beautifying my summer meals with a flavorful, aromatic and yummilicious Lemon Ice Tea.
Click here for Plum Cardamom Iced Tea
A very simple, easy and less time consumption summer drink, with a little piece of ginger for a kick to digestion. Let me share the recipe…
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #118 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
For my other summer recipes click here and for other beverages recipes click here.
Lemon Iced Tea
- Lemon – 5 nos
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Tea powder – 3 tsp
- Ginger – 1 “inch stick – 2 pieces
- Cardamom – 1 no
- Mint – 2 sprigs
- Take 2 cups of water in a bowl, along with sugar, keep in medium flame and cover with the lid.
- Halve the lemon and squeeze out the juice, keep it aside.
- Wash and separate the 5 to 7 mint leaves from the sprig and keep it aside.
- Bring it to boil, once starts boiling crush the ginger and cardamom, add it to the boiling water along with the separated mint leaves.
- Cover and cook for 2 mins, remove from fire, add in the tea powder, cover with the lid and let it rest for a min.
- Filter the tea and keep it in a separate glass.
- Take a glass, drop a long sprig of mint, add in the ice cubes, pour in ½ cup of tea, 1 tbsp. of lemon juice and ¼ cup of water and garnish with lemon wedges.
Note: You can add increase or decrease the quantity of lemon juice and sugar, as per your taste buds.
Lemon Poppy seeds Pancake was something yummy for breakfast. The flavor and taste of the lemon and crunchiness of poppy seeds in the pancake was the highlight in this pancake. Apart from flavor, colour, texture, aroma… this pancake is very heavenly for me as it was made by the LITTLE CHEF (my daughter). A perfect breakfast for the lazy weekend and a perfect tea time snack for kids when they are from the school. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other breakfast and pancake recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/breakfast-dinner/
Lemon Poppy Seeds Pancake
Little Chef in action
- Maida / All-purpose flour – 1 ½ cups
- Egg – 1 no
- Milk – 1 ¼ cup
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon Zest – ½ tsp (optional)
- Vanilla extract – ½ tsp (optional)
- Salt a pinch
- Take all-purpose flour/maida, baking powder, salt, sugar, poppy seeds, lemon zest and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Mix them all together.
- Beat the egg and milk, until fluffy in a separate bowl.
- Add in the lemon juice to the flour and mix them.
- Pour in the egg and milk mixture little by little and mix them well (be sure no lumps are formed).
- Rest it for 5 mins.
- Heat griddle with a tsp of butter and spoon the batter in the center of the griddle, wait until its cooked.
- Sprinkle a tsp of butter all over the pancake, swap the side of the pancake and cook for few mins or until it turns golden brown.
Serve hot with Honey.
Lemon rice is one among the traditional and authentic food of tamilians. I use to prepare variety rice very rarely, mostly in times of lazy or when I have lemon in large quantity or when I am back to home after tour. My husband loves variety rice to core, moreover people pack lemon rice for picnic, and it would stay fresh for a day. The combination of lemon rice with paruppu vadai, potato chips and lemon pickle are unbeatable. Let us move on to the recipe…
Lemon Rice with vadai, chips and pickle
- Steamed rice – 2 cups
- Lemon juice – ½ cup
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split black gram – ¼ tsp
- Red chilies – 4 nos
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Asafoetida / Hing – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
Lemon juice with turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt
With all spices
With lemon juice
Oil floating on the top of the lemon juice
With steamed rice
Lemon Rice with vadai, chips and pickle
- Squeeze out the juice form lemon and pick out the seeds.
- Add in turmeric powder, asafoetida, and ½ tsp of salt to the lemon juice and mix well along with ½ cup of water.
- Pinch the red chilies into medium pieces.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in mustard seeds, split black gram, channa dal, pinched red chilies and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Give a stir and pour in the lemon juice to it. Cook for few mins, until the lemon juice becomes thick and the oil floats to the top of it.
- Keep in medium flame, add in the steamed rice and mix it well with the lemon juice.
- Remove from the fire, once it gets mixed well.
Serve hot. I have accompanied with paruppu vadai, potato chips and lemon pickle.