As I have shared in my earlier post that my hubby likes Ice Tea to the core, and this Lemon Ice Tea being his all-time favorite after a fantastic and heavy meals. Beautifying my summer meals with a flavorful, aromatic and yummilicious Lemon Ice Tea.
Click here for Plum Cardamom Iced Tea
A very simple, easy and less time consumption summer drink, with a little piece of ginger for a kick to digestion. Let me share the recipe…
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #118 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
For my other summer recipes click here and for other beverages recipes click here.
Lemon Iced Tea
- Lemon – 5 nos
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Tea powder – 3 tsp
- Ginger – 1 “inch stick – 2 pieces
- Cardamom – 1 no
- Mint – 2 sprigs
- Take 2 cups of water in a bowl, along with sugar, keep in medium flame and cover with the lid.
- Halve the lemon and squeeze out the juice, keep it aside.
- Wash and separate the 5 to 7 mint leaves from the sprig and keep it aside.
- Bring it to boil, once starts boiling crush the ginger and cardamom, add it to the boiling water along with the separated mint leaves.
- Cover and cook for 2 mins, remove from fire, add in the tea powder, cover with the lid and let it rest for a min.
- Filter the tea and keep it in a separate glass.
- Take a glass, drop a long sprig of mint, add in the ice cubes, pour in ½ cup of tea, 1 tbsp. of lemon juice and ¼ cup of water and garnish with lemon wedges.
Note: You can add increase or decrease the quantity of lemon juice and sugar, as per your taste buds.
As of the VALENTINES DAY – I want to prepare something special for my cooking class with kids, which would help them prepare it easily at home and serve for their parents.
Moreover I love the taste of pomegranate and lemonade, when combined as pomegranate lemonade it was too delicious. So prepare this simple Lemonade for this Valentine’s Day and enjoy up to the sky. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other beverages recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/
- Pomegranate seeds – 2 cups
- Lemon – 3 nos
- Powdered sugar – 4 tsp
- Take the pomegranate seeds in a mixier after reserving a handful of pomegranate aside for later use.
- Grind it for just seconds. Drain the juice and remove the residue from the juice.
- Cut the lemon into equal halves take out the juice and keep it aside.
- Take a glass, pour in pomegranate juice for almost half of the glass.
- Pour in the lemon juice for almost quarter of the glass.
- Fill the glass with water. Add in 2 tsp of powdered sugar, stir it well.
- Add in few pieces of pomegranate seeds to the juice and let it settle at the bottom of the glass.
- Add in a lemon slice, slit the lemon wedge in a corner and insert it in the glass.
Serve chilled or at warm temperature.
Note: You can use chilled water or can top with ice cubes. Do not grind the pomegranate for long time, so that the seeds would get grinded and would taste little sour.
Lemon Poppy seeds Pancake was something yummy for breakfast. The flavor and taste of the lemon and crunchiness of poppy seeds in the pancake was the highlight in this pancake. Apart from flavor, colour, texture, aroma… this pancake is very heavenly for me as it was made by the LITTLE CHEF (my daughter). A perfect breakfast for the lazy weekend and a perfect tea time snack for kids when they are from the school. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other breakfast and pancake recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/breakfast-dinner/
Lemon Poppy Seeds Pancake
Little Chef in action
- Maida / All-purpose flour – 1 ½ cups
- Egg – 1 no
- Milk – 1 ¼ cup
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon Zest – ½ tsp (optional)
- Vanilla extract – ½ tsp (optional)
- Salt a pinch
- Take all-purpose flour/maida, baking powder, salt, sugar, poppy seeds, lemon zest and baking powder in a mixing bowl. Mix them all together.
- Beat the egg and milk, until fluffy in a separate bowl.
- Add in the lemon juice to the flour and mix them.
- Pour in the egg and milk mixture little by little and mix them well (be sure no lumps are formed).
- Rest it for 5 mins.
- Heat griddle with a tsp of butter and spoon the batter in the center of the griddle, wait until its cooked.
- Sprinkle a tsp of butter all over the pancake, swap the side of the pancake and cook for few mins or until it turns golden brown.
Serve hot with Honey.