Me and family like the mint flavor, when it comes to juice. Now we use to have some mint based drink for the summer, as everyone knew that mint is a natural coolant. I like this palm jaggery, I prepare coffee, appam, even bake with this palm jaggery and know wanted to try it with lemonade. Handling all my favorites together, and result was awesome, a perfect coolant for this Boiling SUMMER. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other juices, lemonade, mojito and milkshakes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/
Lemonade with Palm Jaggery
- Lemon – 2 nos
- Water – 1 litre
- Palm jaggery or Palm jaggery srup – as per taste
- Mint leaves – a handful
- Cut the lemon into two pieces. Squeeze out the lemon juice, keep it aside.
- Chop and slightly crush the mint leaves and keep it aside.
- Mix the lemon juice along with water, add in the crushed mint leaves.
- Crush the palm jaggery and add in the crushed palm jaggery or the palm jaggery syrup, stir well until it gets mixed well.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins.
Serve chilled with ice cubes and add in 2 thin slices of lemon and a small mint sprig.
As of the VALENTINES DAY – I want to prepare something special for my cooking class with kids, which would help them prepare it easily at home and serve for their parents.
Moreover I love the taste of pomegranate and lemonade, when combined as pomegranate lemonade it was too delicious. So prepare this simple Lemonade for this Valentine’s Day and enjoy up to the sky. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other beverages recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/
- Pomegranate seeds – 2 cups
- Lemon – 3 nos
- Powdered sugar – 4 tsp
- Take the pomegranate seeds in a mixier after reserving a handful of pomegranate aside for later use.
- Grind it for just seconds. Drain the juice and remove the residue from the juice.
- Cut the lemon into equal halves take out the juice and keep it aside.
- Take a glass, pour in pomegranate juice for almost half of the glass.
- Pour in the lemon juice for almost quarter of the glass.
- Fill the glass with water. Add in 2 tsp of powdered sugar, stir it well.
- Add in few pieces of pomegranate seeds to the juice and let it settle at the bottom of the glass.
- Add in a lemon slice, slit the lemon wedge in a corner and insert it in the glass.
Serve chilled or at warm temperature.
Note: You can use chilled water or can top with ice cubes. Do not grind the pomegranate for long time, so that the seeds would get grinded and would taste little sour.
Whenever I feel drowsy, I go for this pomegranate juice or Beetroot juice. Pomegranate has lots of nutrients that ae good for both men and women. Pomegranate is known as a superfood. Its jewel like seeds in used for medicinal purpose for almost several ages. It is packed with powerful antioxidants and vitamins. It helps in stomach upset, lowers blood pressure, reduces inflammation, reduces risk of heart disease and lowers cholesterol. Pregnant women can take pomegranate juice as it is rich in folic acid and also it helps to keep the skin youthful. Let us move on to the recipe…
Check out my other juices, lemonade, mocktails and milkshakes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/
- Pomegranate – 2 nos
- Water – 1 ½ cups
- Sugar – 3 tsp
- Lemon – 1 no
- Peel and take out the pomegranate seeds.
- Take the pomegranate, sugar, lemon juice in a blender and blend them well.
- Add in 1 ½ cups of water and continue blending well.
- Strain the juice.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.