Usually when it comes to spinach, it would be a great challenge for me to make my kids consume it. So I do combine the spinach with rice with spices too enhance the taste and flavor of the rice. Already have updated on such recipe – Spinach Rice, which I have roasted the spices and grounded the masala to enhance the flavor.
This Corn and Spinach rice is very easy, simple, delicious, and healthy and takes just 5 to 10 minutes to prepare. A best lunch box recipe, also I have been sharing my daily lunch box in instagram – do follow and stay connected with our instastories. Also this requires very few ingredients that are available in all the kitchens. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more Vegetarian Variety rice recipe
- Sweet Corn – ¼ cup
- Spinach – ½ cup
- Rice – 1 cup
- Garlic – 3 cloves
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Green chilli – 1 no
- Flavored spices (Cinnamon – 1, Cloves – 3 nos, Star Anise – 1 no, Bay leaf – 1 no)
- Salt to taste
- Olive oil or Coconut oil – 2 tsp
- Clean and separate the spinach from the stalk and roughly chop them to small pieces.
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic to small pieces. Slit the green chilli to equal halves.
- Heat oil in the pressure cooker, pour the oil, add the flavored spices and wait until they splutter.
- Add the finely chopped onions and garlic, cook in medium flame for few mins or until they trun golden brown in color.
- Add the green chilli, corn and spinach, followed by salt, cumin powder, black pepper powder and cook for few mins or until the spinach shrinks in size.
- Add the rice and pour water, cook until the rice is steamed, if you are using pressure cooker, pressure cook for 3 whistles.
- Transfer the rice to a bowl.
Serve hot with any veg or non-veg gravy along with pappad/appalam.
Note: If you are using frozen corn you can use it directly, else steam the corn, separate the corn kernels from the corn and use them.