Mango is known as the “King of Fruits”, even though most of us hates summer there is a reason where everyone expects for summer – It’s none other than these Mangoes. Not only kids, most of us love mangoes because of its sweetness. As its seasonal fruit and we get only on summers, we can prepare squash, jam, chutney and refrigerate it for our future use.
Mango squash is a golden, pulpy and sweet liquid prepared very easily at our home. The only thing here is refrigerate them in a sterilized bottle and store them for long life. Let me share the recipe…
For other summer recipes, click here and for grapefruit squash recipe click here.
- Mangoes – 2 nos (medium size)
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
Mango juice getting filtered
Mango juice to sugar syrup
Mango squash almost done
Mango squash with water and falooda seeds
- Peel and chop the mangoes roughly to small pieces.
- Blend them well to a fine paste with ¼ cup of water.
- Bring a litre of water to boil in a sauce pan.
- Add in the sugar, stir well until it dissolves and cook for 10 mins.
- Pour in the lemon juice and cook in medium flame for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, filter the mango juice in a bowl.
- Pour in the mango juice and cook in medium flame for 15 mins or until it reaches thick or squash consistency.
- Remove from the fire, leave it aside and bring it to room temperature.
- Transfer the squash to a sterilized bottle and refrigerate for months.
How to serve: Mix equal quantity of squash and chilled water and serve chilled or Soak 1 tsp falooda seeds or sharbhat seeds in ½ cup of water and top it with the juice (squash mixed with water) and serve chilled.
Kulfi was my long desire to try out from my hands. This was my attempt with kulfi, and the kufli came out well with perfect texture, flavor and color. My kids like kulfi a lot, and so I desired to prepare kulfi at home. As we include nuts to the kulfi, it is packed with health benefits. After having a heavy meal, most of them use to have pan, so I thought of preparing pan kulfi – loaded with more health benefits from pan.
I have used betel leaves, which has countless health benefits and gulkand which is one among the natural coolant and perfect for this summers. Let me share the recipe…
Taking it to the Fiesta Friday #117 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
To check out my other summer recipes, click here.
Preparation Time before cooking: 15 mins
Preparation Time after cooking: 7 to 8 hrs
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Yields – 6 to 7 kulfi
- Full fat milk – 3 cups
- Corn flour – ¾ tbsp.
- Betel leaves – 2 nos
- Gulkand – 1 ¼ tbsp
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 5 nos
- Pistachios – 6 nos
- Almond/Badam – 6 nos
- Supari – 1 ½ tsp (for garnish)
Full fat milk getting boiled with sugar
With corn flour mixture
Taking out the stalk
Paan paste with thicken milk
Into the mould
About to freeze
- Boil the full fat milk, once boiled, add in the sugar, mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Reserve ¼ cup of milk in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Take cornflour in a bowl, add in 3 tbsp of water and mix it well or until it dissolves well.
- Pour in the corn flour to the boiled milk and keep in medium flame, start stirring the milk.
- Keep in low flame, keep on stirring the milk, until it thickens. Else it lumps would be formed.
- Also scrap the sides of the vessel, and drop the scraps to the milk and keep in low flame.
- Remove the milk, when it comes to ¾ th portion thick consistency or semi thick consistency.
- Rinse the betel leaf in water, pinch out the stalk and roughly tear them.
- Take the betel leaves, cashew nuts, pistachios, almonds/badam, gulkand and ¼ cup of milk, blend them well together to a fine paste.
- Check whether the thicken milk, attains the room temperature. If so pour in the grounded pan paste to the thicken milk.
- Stir well, no lumps should be formed.
- Now pour the mixture to the kulfi mould and freeze it for 6 to 7 hrs or until it freezes.
- Once done, remove the kulfi moulds from the freezer and show the bottom in the running water or keep them in warm water for 10 to 15 mins.
- Now gently remove the kulfi by pulling the stick from the mould.
- Garnish with flavored and colored supari.
When it comes to Iced Tea, I would say my hubby is a Iced Tea Maniac, right from the day of marriage whenever he gets a chance for Iced Tea he would straight away place the order. But I took these many years for preparing in this Iced Tea for our Tea Time. My daughter and my niece also liked it to the core. Feeling happy when I came across to know that today is #NationalTeaDay.
Plum Cardamom Iced tea was too good and the punch of cardamom and ginger added more flavor to the tea. We felt like having something ice cold (Chill Chill) in this boiling summer afternoon. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other beverages recipes in this link: Beverages
Preparation Time – 5 mins
Cooking Time – 10 to 15 mins
Yields – 2 tall glass
Plum Cardamom Iced Tea
- Plum – 3 nos
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Cardamom – 3 pods
- Sugar – 3 tsp
- Tea powder – ½ tsp
Plum getting cooked with sugar, cardamom and ginger
Plum syrup ready
Tea getting brewed
Plum Cardamom Iced Tea
- Rinse and chop the plum into small pieces. Rinse and slightly crush the ginger and cardamom.
- Take 3 cups of water in sauce pan, bring it to boil, add in the plum pieces, crushed ginger, sugar and cardamom.
- Cover with the lid, cook in medium flame until the plum is cooked (mashing consistency).
- Meanwhile in another bowl, boil 2 cups of water, remove from fire once the water starts boiling.
- Add in the tea powder to the water, cover with the lid and let it rest for 5 mins.
- Strain the tea with a tea strainer, keep it aside and wait till it comes to room temperature.
- Remove the lid, once the plum is cooked and remove the sauce pan from fire.
- Strain the syrup, keep it aside and wait until it comes to room temperature.
- Take a glass, add in little pieces of boiled plum, followed by ice cubes.
- Fill half the glass with plum syrup and half the glass with tea.
Note: You can also refrigerate the plum syrup in air tight bottle and use it whenever you are in need of Plum Cardamom Iced Tea.