Soya Chunks Cutlet / Tikki is an easy, simple and healthy food that can be prepared in minutes. Beauty in this dish is I have prepared soya chunks tikki with olive oil, as I came across Leonardo Olive oil – COOK ALL, which is curated in a way that it can be used in All Indian cooking.
I have infused boiled potatoes, grated carrots to the soya chunks cutlet for more flavor, taste and healthiness. We use to refer soya chunks as meal maker, and this meal maker cutlet is perfect when served during tea-time or and after school snack or for brunch. Let me share the recipe…
Taking it to Fiesta Friday #197 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner
- Soya chunks – 100 gm
- Potatoes – 75 gm
- Grated carrot – 50 gm
- Chilli powder – ½ tsp or Black Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Garam masala – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Coriander stalks – 3 nos
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Egg – 1 no
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup
- Olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Boil 2 cups of water, remove it from fire and add soya chunks / meal maker and let it rest for 10 mins or until it doubles in size and becomes soft.
- Clean and finely chop the coriander stalks, keep it aside.
- Boil the potatoes, peel the skin and mash them well.
- Break egg, beat the egg well by adding little salt.
- Drain the water, squeeze out the excess water from the soya chunks, and grind it.
- Transfer the ground mixture to a bowl, add grated carrot, mashed potatoes, chilli powder, garam masala, coriander stalks and knead it well to a dough.
- Take a small portion of the mixture, roll it to a ball, dip it in the egg mixture, then roll it over the bread crumbs and gently flatten it in between your palms.
- Heat olive oil or any cooking oil in a tawa, gently add the flatten soya chunks mixture, cook on both sides, for few mins or until it’s perfectly cooked.
- Transfer it to plate.
Serve hot with tomato sauce or mayonnaise.
Note: I have used egg for coating and if you need a vegetarian option you could go for corn flour stratch (mix a tbsp. of corn flour with 2 tbsp of water) and substitute it instead of egg