As I have shared in my earlier post that my hubby likes Ice Tea to the core, and this Lemon Ice Tea being his all-time favorite after a fantastic and heavy meals. Beautifying my summer meals with a flavorful, aromatic and yummilicious Lemon Ice Tea.
Click here for Plum Cardamom Iced Tea
A very simple, easy and less time consumption summer drink, with a little piece of ginger for a kick to digestion. Let me share the recipe…
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #118 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
For my other summer recipes click here and for other beverages recipes click here.
Lemon Iced Tea
- Lemon – 5 nos
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Tea powder – 3 tsp
- Ginger – 1 “inch stick – 2 pieces
- Cardamom – 1 no
- Mint – 2 sprigs
- Take 2 cups of water in a bowl, along with sugar, keep in medium flame and cover with the lid.
- Halve the lemon and squeeze out the juice, keep it aside.
- Wash and separate the 5 to 7 mint leaves from the sprig and keep it aside.
- Bring it to boil, once starts boiling crush the ginger and cardamom, add it to the boiling water along with the separated mint leaves.
- Cover and cook for 2 mins, remove from fire, add in the tea powder, cover with the lid and let it rest for a min.
- Filter the tea and keep it in a separate glass.
- Take a glass, drop a long sprig of mint, add in the ice cubes, pour in ½ cup of tea, 1 tbsp. of lemon juice and ¼ cup of water and garnish with lemon wedges.
Note: You can add increase or decrease the quantity of lemon juice and sugar, as per your taste buds.
Want to beat the heat with Ice Cream, but don’t want to go outside the home, here is my No Cook, No Egg, No essence, No food color, Naturally flavored, very easy and simple Ice Cream with fresh home grown Mint Leaves (motivated by NUTTY SQUIRREL) – MINT ICECREAM.
I would say this Mint Ice cream, a perfect coolant to beat the heat. Also being a mint maniac, I liked this to the core. When it comes to Mint Ice cream, I would say the perfect amount of mint should be induced
Benefits of Home-made Ice cream: You can enhance the sweetness as per your taste buds, you can add the perfect the amount of ingredients to enrich your flavor.
Do check out my other summer recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/
Mint Ice Cream
- Mint leaves – 15 sprigs
- Fresh Cream – ¾ cup
- Full fat Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
Milk and Fresh cream together in abowl
With powdered sugar
Grounded mint leaves
Stirring all together
About to set
Scrapped and to the blender
Grounded and getting to the container
Getting set in the container
Mint Ice Cream
Mint Ice Cream
- Boil the milk and wait until it comes to room temperature.
- Grind the sugar to a fine powder and keep it aside or you can go for powder sugar.
- Separate the mint leaves from the stalk, rinse in running water and keep it aside.
- Take the mint leaves and blend them well by sprinkling a tsp of water to a coarse paste.
- In a wide mouth bowl, pour in the fresh cream, milk and add in the sugar, whip them just for few mins until fluffy.
- Pour in the mint paste to the bowl and whip them well for 3 to 4 mins.
- Pour it to an air-tight bowl and freeze it for almost 8 hrs.
- Remove it from the freezer (it looks like ice crystals), scrap it.
- Blend all the scrapped ice (ice crystals) together along with 2 to 3 sprigs of mint leaves (if needed to enhance your taste buds).
- Blend them nicely as it should be thick and creamy.
- Again pour it in an air-tight container and freeze for 10 hours.
- Remove the container from freezer, once the ice cream comes to perfect texture.
Scoop and serve chilled.
Note: You can also have ice-creams with soft and spongy cakes, I like to have vanilla ice-cream with sponge cake. I would prefer to have this mint ice-cream with coffee cake. You can adjust the sugar level (a tsp) as per your taste buds, I have induced medium level of sugar.
This is the first time I have been preparing this Cucumber Lemon Mojito, it’s a very simple drink with too many health benefits. I could say that it’s an wonderful refreshing drink. The combination of lemon, cucumber and mint, being an apt drink for summer.
Usually kids may be even we too do the same, we never consumer more water during summer and get too many health issues. This would be a good drink to beat the heat and also easy for everyone to prepare at home. Let us move on to the recipe…
I am taking this to Fiesta Friday #60 hosted by Angie.
Cucumber Lemon Mojito
- Chilled water – 1 litre
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Lemon – 3 nos
- Mint leaves – a handful
- Cucumber – 1 ½ nos
Cucumber, lemon juice and sugar in jar
With mint leaves
Juice getting strained
Cucumber Lemon Mojito
- Cut the lemon into two equal halves and squeeze out the juice, keep it separately.
- Peel and chop the cucumber roughly.
- Take cucumber, lemon juice, sugar and mint leaves all together and blend it well in a blender.
- Add a cup of water and again blend it well.
- Now strain only the juice and discard the solid particles.
- Add it to the chilled water and give a mix.
- Check for the sugar.
Refrigerate and serve chilled with lemon wedges and cucumber wedges.
Note: You can also add ice cubes into it.