Mutta Curry or Egg Gravy or Egg Roast goes out well with Toasted bread, plain bread, Idiyappam, Appam, Idly or Dosa. Also this can be served with any variety rice or pulav’s. I have made it to a semi-gravy consistency, if you need it to be more gravy you can remove it from the flame, when you get the right consistency. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more Egg recipes.
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #147 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
Mutta Curry / Egg Roast / Egg Gravy
- Egg / Muttai – 4 nos
- Onions – 200 gms
- Tomato – 100 gms
- Green chilli – 1 no
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala – 1 ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Garlic cloves – 7 nos
- Ginger – 1 “inch piece – 1 no
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Salt to taste
- Coconut oil – 2 ½ tbsp.
Making of Mutta Curry / Egg Gravy / Egg Roast –
- Boil the eggs, de-shell them, and also give small slits over the eggs.
- Peel and thinly slice the onions.
- Finely chop the tomatoes and slit the green chilli to halves.
- Finely chop the ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add curry leaves and wait until they crackle.
- Add the ginger-garlic pieces and green chillies and cook until the garlic turn golden brown.
- Add the thinly sliced onions and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add the finely chopped tomatoes and cook until they turn mushy.
- Add all the spice powders along with salt and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Pour a cup of water, bring it to boil and then add the eggs to it.
- Cover and cook for 2 mins, remove the lid, turn the side of the eggs, cover and cook for another 2 mins.
- Remove the lid and cook in medium flame, until it reaches the consistency you desire may be gravy, semi-gravy or dry.
Serve hot with Idiyappam, appam, idly, dosa or bread.
Frittata is an egg-based Italian dish similar to an omelette with few more ingredients like veggies or meat or pasta, based on one’s flavor. The word frittata means “fried” which means the eggs are beaten fried in skillet with fried potatoes.
I have named it as Indian Frittata, since I have induced few basic Ingredients spices like chili powder, cumin powder and garam masala to flavor the frittata. This goes out good for breakfast. Let us move on to the recipe…
As of Friday, I am taking it to Fiesta Friday #109 hosted by Angie@thenovivegarderner. Been long time and now I am to party.
- Eggs – 2 nos
- Milk – 1 ½ tbsp
- Potato – 1 no (medium size)
- Carrot – 1 no (medium size)
- Green chilies – ½ no
- Onions – ½ no (medium sized)
- Tomato – ½ no (medium size)
- Chili powder – ½ tsp
- Cumin powder – ½ tsp
- Garam Masala – ½ tsp
- Cheese cubes – 1 no (20 gm)
- Coriander leaves – 3 stalks
- Butter or olive oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Onions, green chilies, tomato and coriander leaves getting cooked
With grated carrots and potato
With egg mixture
With grated cheese
Indian Frittata with tomato ketchup
Indian Frittata into slices
- Break eggs in a wide mouth bowl, pour in the milk, beat well.
- Sprinkle salt, chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala and beat well or until fluffy. Keep it aside.
- Peel and finely chop the onions, tomato, green chilies and coriander leaves. Keep it aside.
- Peel the carrots and potato and grate them. Keep it aside.
- Grate the cheese cubes and keep it aside.
- Heat olive oil or butter in a frying pan, add in the onions and coriander leaves. Cook until the onions turn golden brown in color.
- Add in the tomatoes, green chilies and cook until they turn mushy.
- Sprinkle little salt and add in the grated carrot and potato, cook until the raw smell goes off or until they become dry.
- Spread the veggies all over the pan.
- Pour the egg mixture in the middle and shake the pan to spread the egg all over the pan.
- Sprinkle the grated cheese over the egg, cover and cook in low flame for 5 to 6 mins.
- Carefully flip the sides and cook for 2 min.
- Remove from the pan carefully.
Serve hot with Tomato Ketchup or Mayonnaise.
Note: Once the egg mixture is poured, cook only in low flame.
Do check out my other breakfast recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/breakfast-dinner/
When I feel bore, tired, lazy or drowsy in a word “Out of mood”, I engage me in something which I like a lot. Found out some breads and eggs at home, started to prepare for my dinner. Thought of preparing a runny egg with the base of bread, and attempted the dish with both microwave and gas stove. Then one with the microwave was something runny and the other with the gas stove was completely cooked.
Do check out my other breakfast recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/breakfast-dinner/ and other egg recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/main-course/egg/
Yippee! It’s Friday, I am taking it to Fiesta Friday #104 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderener.
The dish was too good and I served it with Honey Glazed Sausage. Let us move on to the recipe…
Frying pan version
- Bread – 4 slices
- Eggs – 4 nos
- Pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
- Microwave version: Chop the butter to small pieces. Grease a baking tray with butter, place a bread slice, and break the egg on the top of the bread, gently prick the center of the egg yolk, sprinkle few pieces of butter over and along the sides of the bread and keep in microwave high for a min.
- Frying pan version: Chop the butter to small pieces. Heat few pieces of butter in a pan, place the bread, break the egg over the bread, cook in medium flame for few mins, sprinkle little pepper powder and salt.
Serve hot. I have accompanied it with Honey Glazed chicken Sausage.