Lemon chicken fry is my most awaited to try recipe, ever since I had Lemon chicken from the Hotel – The Plantain Leaf. The whole family likes this chicken, which is mildy spiced, juicy and tender.
Lemon chicken is prepared by cooking the chicken with spices and lemon juice. Also this consumes very little time to get cooked. I would say it’s one of the finger-licking dish among all of my chicken recipes. Goes out well with any Indian flat bread, as a side dish for briyani or fried rice and also good when paired with steamed rice and sambar. Let me share the recipe…
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #195 hosted by Angie@thenovicegardener
- Chicken – ½ kg
- Lemon – 3 nos (medium sized)
- Onions – 3 nos
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Capsicum – 2 no (medium sized)
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
- Green chillies – 2 nos
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Curry leaves – 2 sprigs
- Coconut oil or any cooking oil – 1 ½ tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp (to taste)
- Clean and roughly chop the chicken into medium pieces.
- Peel and roughly chop the onions to medium cubes, slit green chillies to equal halves.
- Deseed and chop the capsicum to medium pieces.
- Cut and squeeze the juice from lemon, remove the seeds and keep it aside.
- Take chicken, turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice all together in a bowl, mix it well and let it rest for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in heavy bottomed vessel or kadai, add the cumin seeds and curry leaves, wait until they crackle.
- Add the onions, ginger-garlic paste and cook until the onion turns golden brown in color.
- Add the capsicum and cook for few mins or until the capsicum turns light green in color.
- Add the chicken along with the marinate, cook for 2 mins.
- Sprinkle little water, stir well, cover and cook for few mins or until the chicken is tender and juicy.
- Sprinkle the pepper powder, remove the lid and cook for 2 mins or until the chicken becomes dry and the oil separates.
- Remove from fire and transfer it to a bowl.
Serve hot. Lemon chicken fry can be served as a side dish for briyani, fried rice or steamed rice and sambar. Lemon Chicken is and perfect side dish for lunch or dinner.