Eggless Orange Moist Cake but I could call it a 100% Vegetarian, Diabetic-Friendly and a Diet Cake. As of now I would say that I am better in baking, thought of trying out moist cake. This is was my second attempt with moist cake and it was a big hit in family and among my daughter’s friends. As X-Mas season started, stay tuned for more cakes and cookie recipes.
I have used palm sugar instead of sugar which is good for diabetics, oil and orange juice instead of butter and egg which reduces the fat. And so I call this cake as 100% Vegetarian, Diabetic-Friendly and Diet Cake. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other Cakes and Bakes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/baking/
Iam taking this to Fiesta Friday #98 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Wheat Flour – 1 ½ cups
- Palm sugar (powdered) – ¾ cup
- Custard powder – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Orange juice – 2 ½ cups
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Oil – ¾ cup
- Orange zest – 1 tbsp
- White sugar (regular) – 1 cup
- Sieve the wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda and custard powder all together in a bowl and keep it aside.
- For orange juice: I made fresh orange juice – Peel the skin and grind the flesh of the orange with a cup of water, strain the pulp and keep it aside.
- Preheat oven to 180 degree C. Grease the tray with oil and flour.
- Pour in 1 ½ cups of orange juice in a wide mouth bowl followed by palm sugar (powder) and oil, beat them well until the sugar dissolves.
- Now add in the flour mixture little by little and continue beating until it gets blend well.
- Sprinkle a tsp of orange zest and beat for few seconds.
- Pour the batter to the greased tray and bake for 10 mins.
- Prick in the center of the cake with a tooth pick, if the tooth pick comes out clean the cake is done else bake for few more mins.
- Meanwhile, pour rest of the orange juice along with a cup of water, continue stirring in low flame until it start thickening.
- Sprinkle a tsp of orange zest and cook for few more mins or until it comes to a syrup consistency.
- Transfer the cake to a plate and prick all over the cake. Pour in the syrup all over the cake little by little.
- Sprinkle ½ tsp of orange zest and ¼ tsp of palm sugar over the cake.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Note: While preparing syrup you can induce as much as orange juice as per your orange flavor, but the liquid quantity and the sugar quantity must be the same.