Apple Pancake is one among the most delicious breakfast recipes, but here I used powdered jaggery instead of Sugar. And so this could come under the Diabetic-Friendly recipe.
A very simple, easy, healthy, and a less time consumption breakfast. Not only for breakfast, this can also be served as tea-time snacks along with a cup of milk or coffee or tea. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Apple – 1 no (big one)
- Wheat flour – 1 ½ cups
- Powdered jaggery – 1 ¼ cups
- Egg – 1 nos
- Milk – 1 ¼ cups
- Baking soda – ½ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Butter – 4 tbsp
- In a bowl, break the egg, add in the milk and powdered jaggery. Stir it well until the sugar dissolves or it becomes fluffy.
- Add in the wheat flour, baking soda, a tsp of butter and a pinch of salt. Continue stirring all these together (be sure no lumps are formed).
- Peel and grate the apple, add in the grated apples and mix all these together. Rest it for 5 mins.
- Heat a tsp of butter in pan, spoon the batter and spread it lightly on the pan.
- Drizzle a tsp of butter along the sides of the pancake.
- Swap the side and cook until it starts turning golden brown.
- Remove from fire.
Serve hot with Jaggery syrup or chocolate syrup and a cup of milk. I have served it with chocolate syrup for my kids.