As I love payasam a lot, I started preparing variety of payasam and now this is my new try with Panner, “Panner Paysam”. I love the taste and texture of this payasam. It remembers me about the taste of the first milk of the cow after giving birth to calf. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Panner – 150 gm
- Condensed milk or Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Milk – ½ litre
- Saffron – few strands
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos
- Raisins – 5 nos
- Pistachios – 3 nos
- Almond / Badam – 3 nos
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed pan, simmer it and wait until the quantity of the milk reduces to half the quantity.
- Add in the cardamom and condensed milk or sugar and simmer it until the sugar dissolves.
- Bring the panner to room temperature and crumble them with your hands (be sure no lumps should be formed).
- Add the panner to the boiling milk and simmer it, wait until panner gets cooked .
- Heat ghee/clarified butter in a tadka, add cashewnuts, raisins, badam, pista and roast them until they turn golden brown.
- Add it to the boiling milk and cook for two mins.