Creamy Garlicky Prawn Spaghetti is one such rich, creamy and delicious dish made in minutes. Already I have shared White sauce pasta and Tomato pasta, this is one more addition to my pasta collection. Creamy Garlic Prawn Pasta is liked by all the kids and so it’s being one among the finger licking dish between the kids.
Creamy Garlic Prawn Pasta recipe / Creamy Garlicky Prawn Spaghetti recipe
It is very simple, easy to prepare and its creamy nature comes from the butter, fresh cream in it. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more Seafood recipes. Taking it to Fiesta Friday #189 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Pasta / Spaghetti – 200 gms
- Green peas – 100 gms
- Prawns – 250 gms
- Onion – 1 o
- Garlic – 10 cloves
- Mixed Italian herbs – 2 tsp
- Maida / All-purpose flour – 2 tbsp
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Red chili flakes – 1 ½ tsp
- Coriander leaves – 4 stalks
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Fresh cream – 150 ml
Making of Creamy Garlic Prawn Spaghetti –
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic, clean and devein the prawns and keep it aside.
- Boil 5 cups of water, add the spaghetti and green peas followed by a tsp of oil and ½ tsp of salt.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a heavy bottom vessel, wait until it melts.
- Add the onions and garlic, cook until they turn golden brown in color.
- Add prawns followed by salt, half the quantity of Italian herbs and red chilli flakes, cook until the prawn in half cooked.
- Add maida / all-purpose flour, cook for a min, pour a cup of water and cook in medium flame.
- Once the sauce starts thickening, pour the fresh cream, followed by half the quantity of coriander leaves, cook for 2 min in low flame.
- Meanwhile drain the water from the spaghetti and green peas, add it to the sauce, sprinkle leftover Italian herbs and red chilli flakes.
- Cook in low flame for 2 mins, remove it from fire and garnish it with the leftover coriander leaves.
Serve hot with Honey Glazed chicken.
My kids like pasta a lot, and so mostly for our Friday dinner we would like to have pasta, with honey chicken or grilled chicken. Usually kids like to have white sauce pasta, but this time I was longing to have something tangy and spicy with pasta, so tried out this Tomato Pasta or Red sauce pasta. Also I have already shared one more version of Red Sauce Pasta with slight difference from this.
Tomato Pasta / Red Sauce Pasta
CLICK HERE for more dinner recipes and CLICK HERE for white sauce pasta recipe.
Tomato Pasta or Red Sauce pasta is an easy and simple dish that can be prepared in minutes. This goes out well not only for dinner, but also for lunch and brunch. I have flavored the pasta with tomatoes, red chillies and other Italian Herbs for the tanginess, little spiciness and wonderful flavor along with the loaded cheese in it. Not only kids but pasta can be everyone’s super food.
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #180 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
Also, here you can prepare the tomato sauce and refrigerate in a glass jar, which helps in saving the cooking time. This sauce stays fresh for 3 weeks when refrigerated. Let me share the recipe…
- Tomato – 5 no’s (medium size)
- Pasta – 1 ½ cups
- Garlic cloves – 7 no’s
- Onion – 1 no
- Red chilli flakes or teared Dried red chilies – 3 no’s
- Butter or Olive oil – 1 tbsp
- Mixed Italian Herbs – 1 ½ tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Parmezan Cheese or any Cheese (grated) – 1 cup
Tomato, garlic about to ground
red chillies and Italian herbs getting sauted
Ground tomato paste
Tomato paste getting cooked
Tomato paste with boiled pasta
With parmesan cheese
Tomato Pasta / Red Sauce Pasta
- Peel and finely chop the onions and garlic pieces. Keep it aside.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic pieces in mixer, grind it to a fine paste and keep it aside.
- Take 3 to 4 cups of water in a heavy bottomed vessel, cover and bring it to boil, add the pasta followed by a tsp of olive oil or any vegetable oil.
- Cover and cook until it pasta along with salt until it doubles in size and turns soft.
- Drain the water from the pasta, run it through cold or tap water and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile heat butter or oil in a heavy bottomed vessel, add the mixed Italian herbs, along with red chilli flakes and cook for a min.
- Pour in the ground tomato paste, cook until the raw smell goes off or it thicken and the oil starts floating on the top of the gravy.
- Add the cooked pasta, mix it well and cook for a min.
- Once the pasta gets mixed well with the tomato sauce, add half the quantity of the grated cheese and mix it well.
- Transfer it to a plate and top it with the leftover grated cheese and finely chopped coriander leaves.