As Navratri season, I have been trying out sundal and sweet recipes as offering to Goddess. I have shared few sundal recipes, and now this is a new entry to my sundal list – Peanut Sundal / Nilakadalai sundal. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other sundal in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/breakfast-dinner/.
- Raw peanuts / Nilakadalai – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds – a pinch
- Split Blackgram – a pinch
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Red chilies – 3 nos
- Pressure-cook the peanuts/nilakadalai in water for 5 whistles.
- Remove the lid when the pressure subsides, drain the water and keep the peanuts aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add in mustard seeds, split black gram, red chilies and curry leaves. Wait until they crackle.
- Add in the peanuts/nilakadalai, stir it for few mins.
- Add in the grated coconut along with required amount of salt and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Transfer to a bowl.
Serve hot. This goes out well for breakfast or tea-time snack, also done as offering for goddess in times of Navratri.