Double Ka Meetha is one among the most familiar Hyderabadi Cuisine, which is a must in their weddings and most of the occasions. This is my first try towards Double Ka Meetha, as RAMZAAN special. Let me share the recipe…
For my other dessert recipes, click here.
- Bread slices – 8 nos
- Milk – ½ litre
- Sugar – 8 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos
- Raisins – 10 nos
- Almonds / Badam – 5 nos
- Pista / Pistachios – 6 nos
- Saffron – few strands
- Clarified butter / Ghee – 5 tbsp.
- Boil 2 to 3 cups of water in a bowl, add in the almonds/badam and pista and cook for few mins or until the skin of the nuts oozes. Remove from fire, bring it room temperature. Remove the skin and keep it aside.
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed sauce pan, add in 5 tbsp of sugar, stir well to get dissolved.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and keep cooking the milk in medium flame, until the milk reduces to ¼ th, original portion.
- Meanwhile, prepare sugar syrup – by boiling water along with sugar, cook until the syrup thickens.
- Take the bread slices and halve them to triangle shape.
- Heat a tbsp. of ghee/clarified butter in a pan, add in the bread slices one by one and continue frying on both sides until it turns golden brown or dark brown.
- Remove from fire, dip the bread slices in the sugar syrup and transfer it to a plate.
- Finely chop the badam/almonds and pista, keep it aside.
- Roast cashew nuts and raisins in ghee, until they turn golden brown and keep it aside.
- Arrange the bread slices as you desire, pour in the milk mixture over the bread.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds/badam and pista all over the bread and then sprinkle the fried cashew nuts and raisins with few strands of saffron.
Serve hot or chilled or at room temperature.