Paratha is one of my favorite, not only me but also my family likes to have paratha atleast once in a week. My daughter love to get it for her lunch box, not only mine but I have seen most of the kids throwing out the beans from the gravy. Rajma Paratha is a healthy, easy and a perfect lunch box dish. Thought of using Rajma in the better way, which should be liked and not thrown out by them and this resulted in my RAJMA PARATHA.
CLICK HERE for more Paratha Recipes.
Rajma Paratha goes out well with any dips or any curry. I have served it with Mayonnaise and Lamb Bones Curry. Let me share the recipe…
- Boiled Rajma (Red Kidney Beans) – 1 cup
- Wheat flour / Atta – 1 ½ cups
- Green chilli – 2 nos (optional)
- Cumin seeds (crushed) – ¼ tsp (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Mash the rajma well or grind the rajma to a coarse paste.
- Finely chop the green chillies and crush the cumin seeds.
- Take wheat flour / atta, salt in a wide mouth bowl, add the rajma paste followed by green chillies and cumin seeds.
- Crumble it well with your hands, pour water little by little and knead the dough.
- Divide the dough to small portion, roll it to a ball.
- Flatten the balls to a thin circle by dusting it with wheat flour/atta.
- Heat a tawa, rub it with oil, gently add the flatten dough, drizzle oil along the sides of the paratha and cook for a min.
- Swap the sides and cook until the paratha is done.
Serve hot with any Curry (curry should be watery) and a dip.