I hope the name looks funny – “Crunchy Munchy Roasted Gram”, since this snack was prepared by my hubby, during his bachelor days 😝, most commonly during the lazy times or with no pocket money, this would be their hunger food for sudden cravings with little job, easily available and less expensive ingredients. Recently when he was chatting about his good olden days in Bangalore more than 15 years ago, this resulted in the discussion of this recipe 😊.
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #176 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
CLICK HERE for more snacks recipe.
A quick and easy snack with little work more delicious for the evening or best preferred for the rainy days are boon to most of us. Also, this fills your stomach like anything – roasted gram used here has lots of health benefits for women, onions used here gives the crunchiness and easy digestion. Give a try to this snack for your tea time with a cup of tea or coffee.
Not only me even my kids liked it. Give a try and enjoy your evenings, so now onwards do not worry about your cravings. Let me share the recipe…
- Roasted gram / Pottukadalai / Porikadalai – 1 cup
- Onions – ¾ cup
- Coriander leaves – 3 stalks
- Sesame oil – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice – 3 drops
- Chilli powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Rinse and finely chop the coriander leaves including the stalks and keep aside.
- Take roasted gram, finely chopped onions, finely chopped coriander leaves along with lemon juice, chilli powder, sesame oil and salt in a bowl.
- Mix it well and let it rest for 5 mins.
Serve with coffee or tea.
Note: You can also add finely chopped cucumber, tomato with this.