Got an invite for the “Ruchi Thali Event” of Singapore Airlines, where the recipes are curated by Chef. Sanjeev Kapoor at Hotel Shangri-La, Bangalore around 11:30 a.m to 1:30 p.m.
I was on time for the event, and never ever thought Chef. Sanjeev Kapoor, would be there. I was stunned to see him (India’s top chef), had a small chat with him and whoever comes out without selfie today – so had a selfie and a picture with him. I would say this is one of the happiest days in my lifetime.
About Singapore: Singapore Airlines is committed to operating a modern aircraft fleet, offering world class cabin products and top quality services. With Singapore as its main hub, the Airline operates serviced to 61 destinations in 31 countries. Today, the full service operates serviced to 51 destinations in 14 countries.
Mr. Paolo Zambrano, Manager – Food & Beverage, Singapore Airlines commented, “We have put together a selection of dishes, which will give Singapore Airlines passengers, a sense of dinning at home, Combining eht best of seasonal produce and authentic Indian tastes; we hope to provide an unparalleled dining experience, 30,000 feet in the air!”
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor added, “Preparing a menu for in-flight dining is a combination of science and creativity. True to the Indian flavors; “Ruchi Thali is a hearty meal that travelers can indulge in as well as stay nourished during their travels”.
About Ruchi Thali:
- Singapore Airlines introduced a traditional, Indian set meal – “Ruchi Thali” for its Business Class Passengers travelling between India and Singapore.
- It is a three course, Indian meal along with its quintessential accompaniments like Chutneys, Ketchumber salad and pot of yoghurt.
- It is currently offered on the Mumbai and Delhi Flights. It will progressively introduce on the other Singapore Airline sectors.
- The menu is specially curated by renowned Chef. Sanjeev Kapoor from Singapore International Culinary Panel.
- Ruchi Thali is designed to replicate the plethora of taste, textures and aromas; synonymous with Indian cuisine. From tenderly braised meats to gently simmered vegetables; and exquisite selection of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes, prepared delicately with the perfect balance of flavors.