As of Christmas, thought of trying out some Diet Cake – EGGLESS, SUGARLESS and BUTTERLESS. This resulted me in trying out this Dry Fruits Cake with no egg, no sugar and no butter.
I was much thoughtful about the result when I started baking the cake, but the outcome was fabulous. The cake was yummy and delicious and best recipe for diet conscious people and diabetic’s people. Let us move on to the recipe…
As of 100th Fiesta Friday, I am taking this Diet recipes for the Fiesta Friday 100th hosted by Angie @ the novicegarderner. #JoinOliveOilRevolution
- All-purpose flour – 1 ½ cups
- Milk – ¾ cup
- Olive oil – ¾ cup (you can also substitute sunflower oil)
- Dates Pulp – 1 cup
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 tsp
- Dry fruits (apricot, prunes, raisins, sultanas, fig) – ¼ cup
- For Dates pulp: Soak 20 – 25 no’s of seedless dates in warm water for 15 mins. Grind the dates by adding the soaked water little by little to a fine paste. Keep it aside.
- Chop the dry fruits (apricot, raisins, sultanas, prunes and fig) to medium pieces and roll them out in a tbsp of all-purpose flour and keep it aside.
- Sieve all-purpose flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon powder, all together in a bowl.
- In a bowl, take olive oil, dates pulp and beat it well (no lumps should be formed).
- Pour in the milk and beat it well.
- Add in the flour mixture little by little, beat them well (no lumps should be formed).
- Add in the dry fruits and fold them well with the cake mixture.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degree C. Grease the tray.
- Pour the cake mixture to the tray and level it with a spoon.
- Bake for 10 mins at 180 degree C and insert a tooth pick in the center of the cake, transfer it to a plate, when the tooth pick comes out clean.
Note: You can substitute olive oil with sunflower oil.