Already I have shared vanilla cake and this is similar to that but the techniques I used here are completely different which makes the cake more fluffy and spongy. Also this would be more easy for the beginners since there is no any difficulties and also refer to my you tube video for the texture, consistency and tricks. Let me share the recipe…
- All-purpose flour / Maida – 2 cups
- Butter – 1 cup
- Eggs – 4 nos
- Sugar (powdered sugar is preferable) – 1 cup
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Milk – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 2 tsp
- Vanilla essence – 2 tsp
Making of Butter Sponge Cake / Vanilla Sponge Cake / Sponge Cake –
- Break the eggs and separate the egg yolks and white. Melt the butter.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder and salt together ad transfer it to a bowl.
- In a wide mouth bowl, pour the melted butter, powdered sugar and milk, beat it well until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the egg yolk to the butter, milk mixture and beat it well.
- Take the egg white in another bowl, and beat it well, until it becomes thick and fluffy (refer the above given video for consistency).
- Add the sieved flour little by little to the butter-milk mixture and fold the flour in it.
- Pour in the vanilla essence to the flour and fold it well,
- Pour the beaten egg white to the flour mixture and fold it well.
- Meanwhile pre-heat the microwave to 180 degree c. Grease the baking tray.
- Pour the batter to the greased tray and bake it microwave for 5 to 6 mins at 180 degree C or until the tooth pick inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Rest the cake in the baking tray for 5 mins and then transfer it to another tray.
Serve hot or at room temperature.