Corn Flour Halwa is a very easy, simple and ready in minute’s halwa, compared to all the other halwa’s. Corn Halwa is prepared in many color by adding food color, like green, yellow, orange or red. Corn Flour Halwa has a glassy appearance, which melts in mouth with delicious taste and little crunchiness of Cashew nuts induced in the halwa. Let me share the recipe…
Taking it to Fiesta Friday #140 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
For more Diwali / Deepavali recipes, CLICK HERE and for more Dessert recipes, CLICK HERE.
Corn Flour Halwa / Bombay Halwa / Karachi Halwa
- Corn Flour – 1 cup
- Sugar – 1 ½ cup
- Water – 1 cup + 1 ½ cups
- Ghee / Clarified butter – 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – ½ tsp
- Cashew nuts – 15 nos (broken into pieces)
- Food Color (red) – ¼ tsp
Making of Corn Flour Halwa / Bombay Halwa / Karachi Halwa –
- Take corn flour and food color in a wide mouth bowl, pour 1 ½ cups of water, mix well, so that the corn flour dissolves well in water and make sure no lumps are formed.
- Meanwhile, take sugar in a heavy bottom pan or kadai, pour 1 cup of water, and mix well until the sugar dissolved.
- Cook in medium flame, until it thickens (not sugar syrup consistency, before reaching sugar syrup consistency).
- Pour the corn flour water, keep on stirring otherwise lumps would be formed.
- Cook in medium flame, meanwhile heat ghee/clarified butter in a kadai, add the cashew nuts and fry them until they turn golden brown in color.
- Pour the roasted cashew nuts and ghee to the corn flour, mix well, until it comes to the halwa consistency.
- Grease a tray with a tsp of ghee/clarified butter and transfer the halwa to the tray, spread it evenly with the backside of the spoon, sprinkle cardamom powder and let it rest for 10 mins.
- Now gently slice the halwa into equal shapes.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Carrot Halwa is my daughter’s all time favorite. I got an invite for guest post from MahasLovelyHome by Mrs. UshaRani, I shared my carrot halwa recipe along with few chit chat about me and her blog. Do check out my guest post in this link: Guest post for MahasLovelyHome. Thanks a lot for this opportunity Mrs. Usha.
Carrot Halwa is one among the most familiar desserts. Carrot Halwa is my daughter’s most favorite, I prepare commonly at home, but wonder just got the time to share.
Do check out my other dessert recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/desserts/.
Carrot Halwa is very easy, simple and consumes less time compared to other Halwas. Carrot Halwa can be served hot, room temperature, chilled or usually served along with a scoop of Ice-cream and vanilla flavor would be the best. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Carrots – ½ kg
- Milk – ½ litre
- Sugar – 6 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos
- Raisins – 10 nos
- Ghee / Clarified Butter – 5 tbsp
Making of Carrot Halwa –
- Peel and finely grate the carrots.
- Pressure-cook the grated carrots along with a tbsp of ghee/clarified butter, 3 cups of milk and ½ cup of water.
- Pressure-cook for 2 whistles (carrots should not be mashed, but should be in mashing consistency).
- Remove the lid, when the pressure subsides.
- Transfer the cooked carrots along with the milk to a non-stick kadhai, keep in medium flame and cook until the carrot getting dry.
- Add in the sugar, give a stir and cook in medium flame by stirring every now, until it thickens.
- Heat leftover ghee/clarified butter in a kadhai, add in the cashew nuts and raisins, and wait until they turn golden brown.
- Pour it to the carrots, continue stirring, until it gets thickens and comes to the halwa consistency.
- Remove from fire and transfer to a bowl.
Grated carrot about to pressure-cook with milk
Cashew nuts and raisins getting roasted
With Ghee/Clarified butter
With cashew nuts and raisins
Now here is the roundup of my Diwali sweets, savouries and breakfast recipes…
Diwali with Madraasi