A very easy, less time consuming with a common basic ingredient (EGG), attractive color (brown), very good texture (thick), very attractive (Color), wonderful aroma (blend of spices), delicious (spices and egg) – It’s my 500th post “SPICY SHAHI EGG MASALA”. Thanks all for your support and do support me 🙂
This Egg masala goes out well with variety rice, Briyani’s and pilaf (pulav). Also it goes out well with any Indian Bread. My son being an all time favorite of egg, made me try out different egg recipes. The boiled egg when get induced in this masala, it gives out a very good taste, aroma and also its color attracts everyone. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Hard Boiled Eggs – 5 nos
- Onions – 3 nos(medium sized)
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red chillies – 4 nos
- Shahi Jeera – ½ tsp
- Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
- Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Ginger – 1 “ inch stick
- Cardamom – 1 no
- Peppercorns – ½ tsp
- Cloves – 3 nos
- Cinnamon – 1”inch bark
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 1 tsp
- Heat a tsp of oil in a kadai. Add in the cumin, fennel, coriander seeds, red chilli, cloves, shahi jeera, cinnamon, cardamom, peppercorns, ginger and garlic and cook till the raw smell goes off.
- Bring them to room temperature and grind it to a fine paste by adding little water.
- Finely chop the onions.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add ¼ tsp of cumin seeds and curry leaves. Wait till they crackle.
- Add the onions and fry till they are transparent.
- Add the turmeric powder, ground masala and salt. Cook them till the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in a cup of water, let it boil.
- Slit the boiled eggs and add them in the masala, cover and cook till the masala thickens.
- Pour in the lemon juice, stir and cook for 2 mins.
- Transfer it to a bowl and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves.
Note: Gently slit the sides of the eggs. Make sure that the eggs should not break while stirring.