Mango is known as the “King of Fruits”, even though most of us hates summer there is a reason where everyone expects for summer – It’s none other than these Mangoes. Not only kids, most of us love mangoes because of its sweetness. As its seasonal fruit and we get only on summers, we can prepare squash, jam, chutney and refrigerate it for our future use.
Mango squash is a golden, pulpy and sweet liquid prepared very easily at our home. The only thing here is refrigerate them in a sterilized bottle and store them for long life. Let me share the recipe…
- Mangoes – 2 nos (medium size)
- Sugar – 5 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
- Peel and chop the mangoes roughly to small pieces.
- Blend them well to a fine paste with ¼ cup of water.
- Bring a litre of water to boil in a sauce pan.
- Add in the sugar, stir well until it dissolves and cook for 10 mins.
- Pour in the lemon juice and cook in medium flame for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, filter the mango juice in a bowl.
- Pour in the mango juice and cook in medium flame for 15 mins or until it reaches thick or squash consistency.
- Remove from the fire, leave it aside and bring it to room temperature.
- Transfer the squash to a sterilized bottle and refrigerate for months.
How to serve: Mix equal quantity of squash and chilled water and serve chilled or Soak 1 tsp falooda seeds or sharbhat seeds in ½ cup of water and top it with the juice (squash mixed with water) and serve chilled.