Recently my daughter has gone crazy towards paratha and she wants me to try out something new in paratha’s for dinner. This resulted in today’s mooli paratha – nothing but I have stuffed paratha with fried grated mooli with green chilies. A healthy, delicious dinner not only for kids but for everyone. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Mooli/Radish – ½ kg
- Green chilies – 1 no
- Garam Masala / Curry Masala – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Wheat flour / Atta – 3 cups
- Oil – 3 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Peel and grate the radish, squeeze out the water in the radish with your hands. Slit and finely chop the green chilies.
- Heat ½ tsp of oil in a kadai, add in the cumin seeds, grated radish, garam masala, green chilies followed by salt, cook until the radish becomes dry.
- In a mixing bowl, take the wheat flour with required amount of salt, make a well in the centre of the flour and pour in ½ cup of water and start kneading the dough to a ball, add water if required.
- Pour in a tbsp of oil over the dough and knead it for few mins, then roll it together to a ball.
- Make medium sized ball out of the dough, spread flour over the rolling pan and flatten the dough with the rolling pin.
- Take a spoon full of grated radish and keep it in the centre of the dough, roll it again gently by dusting the flour.
- Heat oil in the griddle, gently place the paratha and drizzle oil around the paratha.
- Swap the sides and cook both the sides.
Serve hot with any dips. I have served it with Boondi (spicy/kara boondhi) Raitha and Tomato Ketchup.
Note: You can substitute chili powder with green chilies or can leaves of the green chilies.