Grapefruit is a large orange-like fruit that belongs to the citrus family. It is also called as shaddock, as it is found as clusters on the tree, it is known as Grapefruit. The flesh of the fruit comes in white, pink or red. It tastes bitter and sour, but packed with lots of health benefits.
Health Benefits: It helps to promote digestion by increasing the flow of gastric juice, helps reduce the excessive production of cholesterol from the liver, also because of the presence of fat-burning enzyme – helps in weight-loss.
For more summer recipes, click here.
I’m in partying mood and so taking this to our own FiestaFriday #121 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
These fruits are found mostly on summers, you can prepare a squash of this Grape-Fruit and refrigerate them in sterilized bottles for months. Let me share the recipe of the Grapefruit Squash…
- Grapefruits – 2 nos
- Sugar – 6 tbsp
- Lemon juice – 2 tbsp.
Sugar syrup getting done
With lemon juice
Juice getting filtered
Grapefruit juice to the sugar syrup
Almost reaching the squash consistency
Its done to squash consistency
- Halve the grapefruit, cut the skin of the grapefruit – it look like orange.
- Take ¾ litre of water in a sauce pan, bring it to boil.
- Add in the sugar, stir well, until it dissolves, cook in medium flame for 10 mins.
- Pour in the lemon juice, cook in medium flame for another 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, take out the flesh of the grapefruit (as you take out in orange).
- Blend it with ¼ cup of water to a fine paste.
- Strain the juice well in a bowl.
- Pour in the grapefruit pulp to the boiling water and cook in medium flame for another 10 mins or until it reaches the squash consistency.
- Remove from fire, keep it aside and wait until it reaches room temperature.
- Transfer it to a sterilized bottle and refrigerate.
How to serve: You can mix Grapefruit squash with equal proportion of chilled water and serve it. Else you can substitute sparkling water (soda water) instead of water and serve chilled.
Note: You increase or decrease the quantity of sugar as per your taste buds.
As I have shared in my earlier post that my hubby likes Ice Tea to the core, and this Lemon Ice Tea being his all-time favorite after a fantastic and heavy meals. Beautifying my summer meals with a flavorful, aromatic and yummilicious Lemon Ice Tea.
Click here for Plum Cardamom Iced Tea
A very simple, easy and less time consumption summer drink, with a little piece of ginger for a kick to digestion. Let me share the recipe…
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #118 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
For my other summer recipes click here and for other beverages recipes click here.
Lemon Iced Tea
- Lemon – 5 nos
- Sugar – 3 tbsp
- Tea powder – 3 tsp
- Ginger – 1 “inch stick – 2 pieces
- Cardamom – 1 no
- Mint – 2 sprigs
- Take 2 cups of water in a bowl, along with sugar, keep in medium flame and cover with the lid.
- Halve the lemon and squeeze out the juice, keep it aside.
- Wash and separate the 5 to 7 mint leaves from the sprig and keep it aside.
- Bring it to boil, once starts boiling crush the ginger and cardamom, add it to the boiling water along with the separated mint leaves.
- Cover and cook for 2 mins, remove from fire, add in the tea powder, cover with the lid and let it rest for a min.
- Filter the tea and keep it in a separate glass.
- Take a glass, drop a long sprig of mint, add in the ice cubes, pour in ½ cup of tea, 1 tbsp. of lemon juice and ¼ cup of water and garnish with lemon wedges.
Note: You can add increase or decrease the quantity of lemon juice and sugar, as per your taste buds.
When it comes to Iced Tea, I would say my hubby is a Iced Tea Maniac, right from the day of marriage whenever he gets a chance for Iced Tea he would straight away place the order. But I took these many years for preparing in this Iced Tea for our Tea Time. My daughter and my niece also liked it to the core. Feeling happy when I came across to know that today is #NationalTeaDay.
Plum Cardamom Iced tea was too good and the punch of cardamom and ginger added more flavor to the tea. We felt like having something ice cold (Chill Chill) in this boiling summer afternoon. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other beverages recipes in this link: Beverages
Preparation Time – 5 mins
Cooking Time – 10 to 15 mins
Yields – 2 tall glass
Plum Cardamom Iced Tea
- Plum – 3 nos
- Ginger – 1 inch piece
- Cardamom – 3 pods
- Sugar – 3 tsp
- Tea powder – ½ tsp
Plum getting cooked with sugar, cardamom and ginger
Plum syrup ready
Tea getting brewed
Plum Cardamom Iced Tea
- Rinse and chop the plum into small pieces. Rinse and slightly crush the ginger and cardamom.
- Take 3 cups of water in sauce pan, bring it to boil, add in the plum pieces, crushed ginger, sugar and cardamom.
- Cover with the lid, cook in medium flame until the plum is cooked (mashing consistency).
- Meanwhile in another bowl, boil 2 cups of water, remove from fire once the water starts boiling.
- Add in the tea powder to the water, cover with the lid and let it rest for 5 mins.
- Strain the tea with a tea strainer, keep it aside and wait till it comes to room temperature.
- Remove the lid, once the plum is cooked and remove the sauce pan from fire.
- Strain the syrup, keep it aside and wait until it comes to room temperature.
- Take a glass, add in little pieces of boiled plum, followed by ice cubes.
- Fill half the glass with plum syrup and half the glass with tea.
Note: You can also refrigerate the plum syrup in air tight bottle and use it whenever you are in need of Plum Cardamom Iced Tea.