As valentine’s day is nearing and being a food blogger thought of preparing a cookie or cake which binds to different dough, and when combined together gives a mass hit. Like how when two different people combine together in life and give a mass hit as a couple.
CLICK HERE for more Baking Recipes
Marbled rose cookies has wonderful flavor, excellent fragrance and melts in mouth, goes out well with a cup of milk. Also it’s very simple and easy to prepare right from beginners till everyone. Give a try and make your valentine surprise this valentine’s day with marbled rose cookies. It’s Friday and let me take it to Fiesta Friday #156 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner. Let me share the recipe…
Marbled Rose Cookies – Valentines Recipe
- Maida / All-purpose flour – 2 cups
- Butter – ½ cup
- Egg – 1 no
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Rose food colour – few drops
- Salt – ¼ tsp
Making of Marbled Rose Cookies –
- Take a wide mouth bowl, crack the eggs, pour the vanilla essence, sugar, butter and beat it well, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the salt, maida/all-purpose flour little by little and start folding them gently together with your hands.
- Roll it to a ball, divide it to two equal portions, add rose food color to one portion and knead it well.
- Now combine both the dough and knead it softly.
- Dust the working platform with flour, flatten the dough and cut it to desired shape.
- Meanwhile preheat the microwave to 180-degree C and bake it for about 8 mins at 180-degree C.
- After baking, let it rest for 5 to 10 mins, and then gently remove it from the tray.
Store it in an air-tight container once it reaches the room temperature. Stays fresh for 2 weeks.
Usually my kids like to have creamy desserts, and also when I got to see strawberries in season with street vendor, like to curate a dessert with strawberry. This resulted in my strawberry fool, more creaminess with little crunchiness would pair well and so resulted my Cardamom Pistachios Short Bread Fingers.
CLICK HERE for more dessert recipes.
Name looks big and complicated but this dessert gets ready in 30 mins, which feels more heavenly, delicious. More over a perfect dessert for FEBRUARY – Surprise your love with this dessert. Do check out the video link for the right texture and color. Let me share the recipe…
Strawberry Fool with Pistachios and Cardamom Short Bread Fingers
- All-Purpose flour / Maida – 1 cup
- Butter – ¾ cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Pistachios (finely chopped) – 12 nos
- Cardamom powder – ¾ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Strawberry – 15 nos
- Sugar for Strawberry fool – ¾ cup
- Whipping cream – 1 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Making of Strawberry Fool with Cardamom and Pistachios Short Bread Fingers –
- Wash and chop the strawberry into pieces, pour a cup of water in a sauce pan, add the strawberries and lemon juice. Leave it to boil.
- Blanch the pistachios and finely chop them to pieces.
- Add sugar, give a stir when the strawberries are almost cooked.
- Cook until it thickens and the strawberries comes to mashing consistency.
- Beat the whipping cream until it forms soft perks, add the mashed strawberry and fold it well until it blends well.
- Drop it to a small glass, refrigerate it for few mins.
- Take a bowl, add the all-purpose flour/maida, butter, sugar and crumble them well with your fingers.
- Add the blanched pistachios and cardamom powder, knead it well to a ball.
- Wrap it in a cling film, and refrigerate for 10 to 15 mins.
- Meanwhile preheat the microwave to 180-degree C.
- After 10 mins, dust the working platform with all-purpose flour, take a small portion of the dough and roll it gently.
- Cut them into rectangle (finger shape) and bake it at 180-degree C for 10 mins or until it starts turning golden brown in color.
- Now take the refrigerated glasses, slide the shortbread fingers, sprinkle little finely chopped strawberries and pistachios.
Gingerbread is one most familiar recipe during winters and a must for Christmas and New Year feast. When I got see most of my blogger buddies sharing Gingerbread Men cookies, thought of sharing something different from that and this resulted me for this Gingerbread Cake.
Gingerbread cake consumes almost 5 mins more than the regular cakes, but it tastes heavenly, smells winter with moist texture and beautiful color. Let me share the recipe here, why wait, give a try and feel the winter before it moves off.
CLICK HERE for more Christmas and New Year recipe and CLICK HERE for more baking recipes.
- All-Purpose flour – 2 ½ cups
- Brown sugar- 2 cups
- Vegetable oil – 1 ¾ cups
- Molasses / Palm Jaggery sryup – 3 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Cooking soda – ½ tsp
- Cloves powder – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Dry ginger powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Eggs – 3 nos (room temperature)
- Butter milk – 300 ml
- Milk – 150 ml
- Salt – ¼ tsp
Making of Gingerbread Cake –
- In a wide mouth bowl, sieve all-purpose flour, baking powder, cooking soda, cinnamon powder, salt, cloves powder and dry ginger powder, all together and keep it aside.
- In another bow, break the eggs, add brown sugar and beat it until the sugar dissolves.
- Add molasses/palm jaggery syrup followed by vegetable oil, butter milk and milk by beating them at regular intervals of time.
- Meanwhile pre-heat the microwave to 180 degree C and grease the baking tray.
- Add the sieved flour little by little to the wet ingredients and fold them gently (make sure no lumps are formed).
- Pour the batter to the baking tray and bake at 180 degree C for 10 mins or until the tooth pick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Transfer it to plate, once it comes to room temperature.
Serve at room temperature.
- Cream cheese – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – ¾ cup
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature, transfer it to a bowl, add the powdered sugar and beat it well until the sugar dissolves.
- Cut the cake into two equal halves, spread the cream cheese frosting over a piece of cake and cover it with the other piece.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting all over the cake and refrigerate for 5 to 6 hrs.
Cut and serve chilled.