Gingerbread is one most familiar recipe during winters and a must for Christmas and New Year feast. When I got see most of my blogger buddies sharing Gingerbread Men cookies, thought of sharing something different from that and this resulted me for this Gingerbread Cake.
Gingerbread cake consumes almost 5 mins more than the regular cakes, but it tastes heavenly, smells winter with moist texture and beautiful color. Let me share the recipe here, why wait, give a try and feel the winter before it moves off.
CLICK HERE for more Christmas and New Year recipe and CLICK HERE for more baking recipes.
- All-Purpose flour – 2 ½ cups
- Brown sugar- 2 cups
- Vegetable oil – 1 ¾ cups
- Molasses / Palm Jaggery sryup – 3 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Cooking soda – ½ tsp
- Cloves powder – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Dry ginger powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Eggs – 3 nos (room temperature)
- Butter milk – 300 ml
- Milk – 150 ml
- Salt – ¼ tsp
Making of Gingerbread Cake –
- In a wide mouth bowl, sieve all-purpose flour, baking powder, cooking soda, cinnamon powder, salt, cloves powder and dry ginger powder, all together and keep it aside.
- In another bow, break the eggs, add brown sugar and beat it until the sugar dissolves.
- Add molasses/palm jaggery syrup followed by vegetable oil, butter milk and milk by beating them at regular intervals of time.
- Meanwhile pre-heat the microwave to 180 degree C and grease the baking tray.
- Add the sieved flour little by little to the wet ingredients and fold them gently (make sure no lumps are formed).
- Pour the batter to the baking tray and bake at 180 degree C for 10 mins or until the tooth pick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Transfer it to plate, once it comes to room temperature.
Serve at room temperature.
- Cream cheese – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – ¾ cup
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature, transfer it to a bowl, add the powdered sugar and beat it well until the sugar dissolves.
- Cut the cake into two equal halves, spread the cream cheese frosting over a piece of cake and cover it with the other piece.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting all over the cake and refrigerate for 5 to 6 hrs.
Cut and serve chilled.
Recently we did cake mixing with Dry fruits and Nuts, and so next its cake making right? Here comes the Non-Alcoholic Christmas cake with VIDEO from the SCRATCH (including the video of Caramel syrup).
As Christmas, Christmas cake is being the hero but imagines about the NON-ALCOHOLIC Christmas cake. It was divine and tastes heavenly, I am sure it with vanish in minutes in your home. Even now it’s not late, start soaking nuts and dry fruits now, and prepares the cake by tomorrow. I would say that the Christmas cake tastes best after 24 to 48 hrs. I would go for 48 hrs, but with kids I am sure it would not be possible. So I prepared three small cakes and a big one, small one can be consumed by them immediately and the bigger one after 48 hours.
If you dint soak the dry fruits and nuts – CLICK HERE for Non-Soak Version of Non-Alcoholic cake Christmas Cake
Christmas Cake / Non-Alcoholic Chrsitmas Cake
Give a try, check out our VIDEO, as I have told earlier, it’s you who where I am today, so do LIKE, SHARE and SUBSCRIBE to our YOUTUBE Channel for more easy and simple videos.
“MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR” from MADRAASI
- Maida / All-purpose flour – 2 cups (300 gms)
- Eggs – 5 nos
- Powdered Sugar – 1 ½ cups
- Butter – 1 ½ cups
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Sugar – ½ cup (for Caramel)
- Soaked Dry fruits and nuts – 1 ¼ cups
- All spice powder – 1 tsp (cloves, cinnamon, nutmeg, cardamom and ginger in equal proportion)
- Salt – ¼ tsp
Making of NON-ALCOHOLIC CHRISTMAS CAKE –
- Sieve Maida/All-purpose flour, salt and baking powder all together and keep it aside.
- Take a wide mouth bowl, beat butter and powdered sugar together, until the sugar dissolves and let it rest for few mins.
- Meanwhile start preparing CARAMEL SYRUP – heat a dry kadai, add the sugar, keep on stirring until the sugar melts and starts turning black in color. Once it turned dark black in color, pour ¼ cup of water immediately and turn off the flame. Keep on stirring for few seconds (else the sugar could form crystals) CLICK HERE for video of texture and consistency.
- Pour the caramel syrup to the butter, sugar mixture and beat well until the caramel syrup gets blended well.
- Pour the eggs to the caramel syrup + butter mixture and beat until the eggs become fluffy.
- Add the all spice powder and beat for few seconds.
- Meanwhile take a small portion of the sieved flour, add the dry fruits and nuts to the flour and crumble it well.
- Pour the leftover soaked fruit juice to the caramel + egg+ butter mixture and beat for 2 mins.
- Now add the sieved flour little by little and start folding them (make sure no lumps are formed).
- Finally add the crumbled nuts and dry fruits and fold them well.
- Meanwhile preheat the microwave to 180 degree C and grease a tray.
- Pour the cake batter to the tray and bake at 180 degree C for 15 mins or until the tooth pick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let it rest in the baking tray until it reaches room temperature and then remove it to a plate.
Let it rest it room temperature for 24 to 48 hrs and then serve it.
Being a home maker, mother, and now a blogger, I expect perfection in all my work so that at least I can get my best. Moreover being a self-satisfied person I like to do all my work by myself. I love to have a environment clean and tidy, even having a maid, once in a month or before any special occasion, I use to clean my whole house by myself with the help of maid. Cleaning is not at all a tough job, but when it comes to kitchen I am very curious in cleaning, because of the crawling insects.
Product Review – LAL HIT
I would say that cleaning kitchen and bathrooms are not an easy task, so in this fast moving world where everyone are busy, again it’s not an easy task to clean the house very often. But we have to maintain the cleanliness every, now and then, as “HEALTHY HOME LEADS TO HEALTHY LIVING”.
CLICK HERE for more Christmas recipes
But for last few years I am glad to have LAL HIT as part of my kitchen cleaning. It has reduced by efforts in cleaning process. It comes with a Deep Reach Nozzle, which can be used in kitchen sinks, near cylinders, every nook and corner (behind the door, windows…). I use this into kitchen once in a month. Now it’s this “LAL HIT” – the crawling insect killer, which helps me leave fruits, vegetables (covered with a net basket) in my kitchen shelf, vegetables in kitchen cupboard to stay safe away from the cockroaches. #SayNoToFoodPoisoning
Say not to FOOD POISONING with LAL HIT
As of Christmas and New Year, everyone would be cleaning your house in full swing and I would recommend using LAL HIT not just during Christmas cleaning but during each month’s kitchen cleaning to get rid of cockroaches and stay away from the diseases like Food Poisoning, Typhoid, Cholera and Diarrhea… Now let me share an easy EGGLESS Tutty Frutty Sponge cake with the both the vanilla and chocolate flavor in it (MARBLE CAKE).
- Maida / All-purpose flour – 2 cups
- Hot Milk – 1 ½ cups
- Butter (melted) – 1 ¼ cup
- Baking powder – 1 ¼ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Tutty Frutty (green, yellow, red color) – ½ cup
- Sieve maida/all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- In another wide mouth bowl, pour the hot milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and beat well.
- Add the sugar and beat until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the sieved flour little by little and fold it to the milk-butter mixture.
- Sieve the cocoa powder in a small bowl, pour half the quantity of batter and fold it well with the cocoa powder.
- Add tutty-frutty to the vanilla batter and fold it well.
- Preheat the microwave to 180 degree C, grease a baking tray.
- Pour in the vanilla batter and pour the cocoa batter over it.
- Stir it gently with a fork and bake it until a fork inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Transfer it to a plate, once it comes to room temperature.