Double Ka Meetha is one among the most familiar Hyderabadi Cuisine, which is a must in their weddings and most of the occasions. This is my first try towards Double Ka Meetha, as RAMZAAN special. Let me share the recipe…
For my other dessert recipes, click here.
Double Ka Meetha
- Bread slices – 8 nos
- Milk – ½ litre
- Sugar – 8 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 10 nos
- Raisins – 10 nos
- Almonds / Badam – 5 nos
- Pista / Pistachios – 6 nos
- Saffron – few strands
- Clarified butter / Ghee – 5 tbsp.
Thicken Milk mixture
Bread slices getting roasted
Bread slices getting dipped in sugar syrup
Double Ka Meetha
- Boil 2 to 3 cups of water in a bowl, add in the almonds/badam and pista and cook for few mins or until the skin of the nuts oozes. Remove from fire, bring it room temperature. Remove the skin and keep it aside.
- Boil the milk in a heavy bottomed sauce pan, add in 5 tbsp of sugar, stir well to get dissolved.
- Sprinkle cardamom powder and keep cooking the milk in medium flame, until the milk reduces to ¼ th, original portion.
- Meanwhile, prepare sugar syrup – by boiling water along with sugar, cook until the syrup thickens.
- Take the bread slices and halve them to triangle shape.
- Heat a tbsp. of ghee/clarified butter in a pan, add in the bread slices one by one and continue frying on both sides until it turns golden brown or dark brown.
- Remove from fire, dip the bread slices in the sugar syrup and transfer it to a plate.
- Finely chop the badam/almonds and pista, keep it aside.
- Roast cashew nuts and raisins in ghee, until they turn golden brown and keep it aside.
- Arrange the bread slices as you desire, pour in the milk mixture over the bread.
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds/badam and pista all over the bread and then sprinkle the fried cashew nuts and raisins with few strands of saffron.
Serve hot or chilled or at room temperature.
Kulfi was my long desire to try out from my hands. This was my attempt with kulfi, and the kufli came out well with perfect texture, flavor and color. My kids like kulfi a lot, and so I desired to prepare kulfi at home. As we include nuts to the kulfi, it is packed with health benefits. After having a heavy meal, most of them use to have pan, so I thought of preparing pan kulfi – loaded with more health benefits from pan.
I have used betel leaves, which has countless health benefits and gulkand which is one among the natural coolant and perfect for this summers. Let me share the recipe…
Taking it to the Fiesta Friday #117 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
To check out my other summer recipes, click here.
Preparation Time before cooking: 15 mins
Preparation Time after cooking: 7 to 8 hrs
Cooking Time: 30 mins
Yields – 6 to 7 kulfi
- Full fat milk – 3 cups
- Corn flour – ¾ tbsp.
- Betel leaves – 2 nos
- Gulkand – 1 ¼ tbsp
- Sugar – 4 tbsp
- Cashew nuts – 5 nos
- Pistachios – 6 nos
- Almond/Badam – 6 nos
- Supari – 1 ½ tsp (for garnish)
Full fat milk getting boiled with sugar
With corn flour mixture
Taking out the stalk
Paan paste with thicken milk
Into the mould
About to freeze
- Boil the full fat milk, once boiled, add in the sugar, mix until the sugar is dissolved.
- Reserve ¼ cup of milk in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Take cornflour in a bowl, add in 3 tbsp of water and mix it well or until it dissolves well.
- Pour in the corn flour to the boiled milk and keep in medium flame, start stirring the milk.
- Keep in low flame, keep on stirring the milk, until it thickens. Else it lumps would be formed.
- Also scrap the sides of the vessel, and drop the scraps to the milk and keep in low flame.
- Remove the milk, when it comes to ¾ th portion thick consistency or semi thick consistency.
- Rinse the betel leaf in water, pinch out the stalk and roughly tear them.
- Take the betel leaves, cashew nuts, pistachios, almonds/badam, gulkand and ¼ cup of milk, blend them well together to a fine paste.
- Check whether the thicken milk, attains the room temperature. If so pour in the grounded pan paste to the thicken milk.
- Stir well, no lumps should be formed.
- Now pour the mixture to the kulfi mould and freeze it for 6 to 7 hrs or until it freezes.
- Once done, remove the kulfi moulds from the freezer and show the bottom in the running water or keep them in warm water for 10 to 15 mins.
- Now gently remove the kulfi by pulling the stick from the mould.
- Garnish with flavored and colored supari.