As I have shared in earlier posts few recipes with prawn head – Prawn head curry, Prawn head Fry and now its prawn head rice. Instead of throwing out the prawn head, you can use them to flavor your rice, which gives you a wonderful flavor and aroma to your rice.
This is very simple and easy to prepare, but clean the prawn head well – CLICK HERE to know how to clean Prawns and Prawns head. This rice goes out well with fish curry or prawn curry. I would say when you prepare prawn curry; instead of throwing out the head you could use them in the rice as Buttery Prawn Head Rice. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more seafood recipes.
- Prawn head – 150 gm
- Steamed rice – 1 cup
- Black pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 7 cloves
- Coriander – 6 stalks
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Making of Prawn Head Rice –
- Clean the prawn head – CLICK HERE to know how to clean the prawn head with video.
- Finely chop the garlic cloves, separate the coriander leaves and stalks, finely chop them and keep it separately.
- Heat butter in a kadai, add the garlic pieces, and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add the coriander stalks and cook them for few seconds.
- Add the prawn head along with little salt and pepper powder. Cook until the prawn head turns red in color.
- Add the steamed rice, add salt if you need for rice else leave it.
- Cook (keep on stirring) for about 3 mins or until it becomes dry.
- Sprinkle the chopped coriander leaves and cook for a min (keep on stirring).
- Remove from fire and transfer it to a bowl.
Serve hot with Prawn curry or Fish curry for lunch.