It was few months back I started my youtube channel and I have been updating videos for it. I have also updated videos for the day by day recipes and also for the older ones, which I have updated along with the post. Bu just like that I wanted to share it over here also, so that it would be easy for you refer the videos and after watching the videos do not forget to share your suggestions and do subscribe with our channel — www.youtube.com/user/madraasi
Making of Curd (yogurt) Chicken –
Making of Lamb Head Curry / Thalakari –
Making of Duck Briyani –
Making of Nungu Payasam / Ice-Apple Kheer –
Making of Field Beans Curry / Mochakottai Kulambu –
Making of Coconut Milk –
Being a seafood lover, I and my family love prawns to the core. But there are sometimes, when I feel very lazy and think to finish the cooking fast, and in the same hand wanted the food to taste good, heavenly, and yum. Here is one such way of cooking where the cooking is made easy and finished earlier with a lovely texture, aroma and taste. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more seafood recipes.
Prawn coconut milk curry
- Prawn – ½ kg
- Onions – 2 nos
- Tomato – 1 no
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split Black lentil – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Coconut milk – 150 ml
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
Making of Prawn coconut milk curry –
- Peel and roughly chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Chop the garlic into small pieces.
- Heat a tsp of oil in kadai, add the chopped onions and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for few mins.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Remove it from fore, bring it room temperature and grind it to a fine paste by adding water.
- Heat the leftover oil in the same kadai, add the mustard, split black lentil and curry leaves, wait until they crackle.
- Add the garlic and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add the prawns followed by salt and pour the ground masala with ½ cup of water, cover and cook for 3 to 4 mins.
- Remove the lid and pour the coconut milk, cook for few mins or until the oil separates and floats on the top of the gravy.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with any variety rice or steamed rice.
Vinayakar Chaturthi is the great Vinayakar festival and also the birthday of Lord Vinayagar or Pillaiyar. Vinayaka Chaturthi is also known as “Ganesh Chaturthi” in Maharashtra and North Indian States. It is observed in the 4th day after new moon in the Tamil month – Aavani (August-September). This year 2014 it is celebrated on August 19th. Lord Ganesha is the elephant-headed God who is worshipped first in any prayers and before commencing any new ventures.
He is known as to be the Lord of Power and Wisdom. He is the Lord who is believed to remove all obstacles on the path of the spiritual aspirant, and bestows upon him wordly as well as spiritual success. It is believed that worshipping Lord Ganesha during this festival will bring Good luck and Prosperity to the family.
Video recipe for Vinayagar Chaturthi / Ganesh Chaturthi recipes in youtube –
Vinayaka Chaturti Festival is celebrated with the clay Idol of Lord Vinayagar. Those Vinayagar idols are kept at home and street corners and performed pooja. For pooja we make garland with Arugam pullu (Bermuda grasss) and Erukampoo (Crown flower). Also they decorate the Lord with other flowers, umbrellas and so on. Later on the 11th day, those Vinayagar Idols are taken through the roads in a procession with dance and songs to immersed in sea or river or well.
According to the Hindu Vedic Sculptures, it is believed that Ganesha was born in the Madhyahana Kaal (Afternoon), as this Kaal timings are considered as the most appropriate tem to worship Lord Ganesha.
Also we offer Modak, Appam, Fruits, Aval, Poori and so on for Lord Ganesha and do our prayers.
Vinayakar Chaturthi – 2014
Vinayakar Chaturthi celebration at our home
I have prepared and offered Lord Ganesha: