It was few months back I started my youtube channel and I have been updating videos for it. I have also updated videos for the day by day recipes and also for the older ones, which I have updated along with the post. Bu just like that I wanted to share it over here also, so that it would be easy for you refer the videos and after watching the videos do not forget to share your suggestions and do subscribe with our channel — www.youtube.com/user/madraasi
Making of Curd (yogurt) Chicken –
Making of Lamb Head Curry / Thalakari –
Making of Duck Briyani –
Making of Nungu Payasam / Ice-Apple Kheer –
Making of Field Beans Curry / Mochakottai Kulambu –
Making of Coconut Milk –
Being a seafood lover, I and my family love prawns to the core. But there are sometimes, when I feel very lazy and think to finish the cooking fast, and in the same hand wanted the food to taste good, heavenly, and yum. Here is one such way of cooking where the cooking is made easy and finished earlier with a lovely texture, aroma and taste. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more seafood recipes.
Prawn coconut milk curry
- Prawn – ½ kg
- Onions – 2 nos
- Tomato – 1 no
- Coconut oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – ¼ tsp
- Split Black lentil – ¼ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ½ tsp
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Chilli powder – 1 tsp
- Coriander powder – 2 tsp
- Coconut milk – 150 ml
- Cumin powder – 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt to taste
Making of Prawn coconut milk curry –
- Peel and roughly chop the onions and tomatoes.
- Chop the garlic into small pieces.
- Heat a tsp of oil in kadai, add the chopped onions and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for few mins.
- Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Remove it from fore, bring it room temperature and grind it to a fine paste by adding water.
- Heat the leftover oil in the same kadai, add the mustard, split black lentil and curry leaves, wait until they crackle.
- Add the garlic and cook until they turn golden brown.
- Add the prawns followed by salt and pour the ground masala with ½ cup of water, cover and cook for 3 to 4 mins.
- Remove the lid and pour the coconut milk, cook for few mins or until the oil separates and floats on the top of the gravy.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with any variety rice or steamed rice.