I never use to have ginger drink right form childhood even after knowing the benefits of having ginger drink. But finally only when we face some problems we suddenly search of a remedy that to a natural remedy to relieve us or keep away from the problem.
This ginger drink helps and relives indigestion, cold. Ginger Drink is prepared in few version, but this one is the simple and good for kids, which is mild spicy. It’s not good to have this drink often, one can have it once in a month, perfect for adults to have in empty stomach and good for kids after a milk or coffee in morning. Also it’s enough for one to consume only ¼ cup (100 ml), so it’s good to have on weekends.
Check out my other beverage recipe in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/.
Let us move on to the recipe…
- Ginger – 100 gm
- Palm Rock Sugar / Panakarkandu – 10 gm
- Ajwain / Carom seeds / Omam – ¼ tsp
Ginger boiling in water
With Rock palm candy and ajwain/carom seeds
About to filter
- Peel and chop the ginger into fine pieces.
- Heat ¼ litre of water in a small pot, wait until it boil.
- Add in the ginger pieces, palm rock sugar and carom seeds, cover with the lid.
- Allow it to boil for 10 -15 mins in medium flame.
- Remove the lid and filter the water.
Serve hot or at room temperature.
Note: You can adjust the quantity of palm rock sugar by increasing its quantity in order to increase the sweetness in it.
Already I have shared Mutton chops recipe – Mutton chops, Mutton chops – 2 but this one is completely different from those. It was delicious, aromatic and attractive. The taste still keeps drooling in my mouth. I have accompanied it with Steamed rice and Rasam. Let us move on to the recipe…
Since it’s Friday, I am taking it to Fiesta Friday #81 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
Mutton Chops Masala
- Fennel seeds – 2 tsp
- Small onions/Shallots – 20 nos
- Poppy seeds – 1 ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Garlic – 8 cloves
- Ginger – 1 ½ “inch stick
- Tomato – 1 no
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Red chilies – 10 nos
- Cinnamon – 1 “inch stick
- Cloves – 4 nos
- Curry leaves – a sprig
- Coriander leaves – 5 stalks
- Gingelly/Sesame Oil – 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
Ingredients to be grounded for marination
Grounded paste for marination
Mutton Chops getting marinated
Ingredients getting dry roasted
With spices onions and tomatoes
With mutton chops
With coriander powder
With grounded powder
Mutton Chops Masala
- Peel and roughly chop the onions.
- Finely chop the tomatoes and coriander stalks.
- Grind the ginger, garlic, 1 tsp of cumin seeds and 1 tsp of fennel seeds to a fine paste by adding little water.
- Clean the mutton/lamps chops and marinate it with the grounded paste and little amount of salt for 30 mins.
- Dry roast 1 tsp fennel seeds, 1 tsp of poppy seeds, 1 tsp of cumin seeds and red chilies. Remove from fire and keep it aside. Bring it room temperature and grind them to a coarse powder.
- Heat oil in a pressure-cooker, add in mustard seeds, coriander leaves and curry leaves. Wait until they crackle.
- Add in the onions and cook them until they turn transparent.
- Add in the tomatoes and cook until they turn mushy.
- Add in the marinated mutton chops along with the gravy and coriander powder. Cook for few mins until the raw smell goes off.
- Add in the coarsely grounded powder and cook until the raw smell goes off.
- Pour in 1 ½ cups of water, let it boil and pressure-cook for 4 whistles.
- Remove the lid when the pressure subsides and keep in medium flame until the gravy thicken.
Serve hot. I have accompanied it with steamed rice and rasam, also it goes out well with steamed rice and any veg or non-veg curry.
A mushroom is the fleshy, spore-bearing fruting body of a fungus, typically produced above the ground on soil. Mushroom describes a variety of gilled fungi, with or without stems. Mushrooms are used extensively in cooking, in many cuisines. There are also non-edible mushrooms which are poisonous, so do not consume the mushrooms grown in wild.
Health Benefits: These are the only plant source of Vitamin-D, they could help regulate cholesterol, it helps in weight loss and increases the strength of immune system, and they are good source of iron and they are an ideal low energy diet for diabetics.
As my daughter loves mushroom, I use to prepare food with mushroom atleast once in a week. Here are few mushroom recipes, tried out in my kitchen:
If you find the post interesting, do encourage me by your follow, likes, shares and valuable comments on: Facebook – Madraasi, Twitter – ImMadraasi, Google+ – ImMadraasi, Instagram- ImMadraasi, Tumblr – ImMadraasi, Pinterest – ImMadraasi