This is my next share about my adventure with food, so called foodventure –Dessert with Twist. I hate summers, but like the nature produce at summer. As a foodie, I like to explore and give a try to all the fruits and veggies, gifted by nature and at times I too develop a healthy coolant recipe with no artificial flavoring or artificial essence. I like to have tender coconut, on summers right from my childhood. But whenever I have tender coconut, I would demand for the tender coconut meat, when I found it glassy and thin I would like to have it. Incase if it’s hard and thick, I would never have it.
This things happens right from my childhood, but now after developing few culinary skills, I thought why we don’t try something with this tender coconut meat. This time when I had tender coconut, I got the tender coconut meat home, and was wondering what to prepare with this. Just like that went and checked my refrigerator and found summer special fruits lying there. It was apple, plum and banana and whenever I have apple and banana at home, I go for fruit custard which I love to the core and would say my anytime favorite dessert.
And now hope you all would have caught what my mind says, yes my mind wants me to try Custard with the Tender coconut meat. I very well knew that once the tender coconut meat gets grinded with milk or tender coconut water, it would retain a thick and fluffy texture. And so now I am into action, as told in the previous post – Let me share my adventure with food with #Foodventures, conducted by Axis Bank Dining Delights where the best foodventure will get a chance to dine with Michelin Star Chef – Vikas Khanna and Food Connoisseur Vir. Sanghvi.
Never miss the opportunity to get featured with the celebrities and to bring out your #Foodventures to the world.
You can also refer to their website in this link: http://foodventures.diningdelights.in/ and the video to get a clear view of #Foodventures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oTUKM0Chop8
Let me now share my recipe…
- Tender coconut meat / Yelaneer Thengai – 2 nos
- Milk – ½ cup
- Sugar – 1 tbsp
- Agar-agar – a fistful
- Mixed fruits (pomegranate, apple, papaya, watermelon) – 2 cups
- Drain all the water and take only the tender coconut meat in the blender. Blend well to a fine paste.
- Pour in the milk along with sugar and blend them well to a fine paste.
- Meanwhile wash the agar-agar in running water (until it becomes soft).
- Boil the water, add in the agar-agar and continue until it gets dissolved in water.
- Remove from flame, bring it to room temperature.
- Pour it to the tender coconut paste, continue blending it to fine paste.
- Pour it to bowl, refrigerate it for 5 hrs.
- Peel and finely chop the fruits. In a glass bowl, start layering the fruits one by one and top it with tender coconut custard.
- Refrigerate for 20 to 30 mins.