Recently I have been to a curtain raiser event hosted by IIHM for Young Chef Olympiad by Chef. ShaunKenworthy. We also had a master class of Indian Truffle by Chef Shaun Kenworthy, he prepared Indian Truffle.
Indian Truffle – Truffle prepared by the ingredients available in Indian markets. The way of preparation, platting looks inviting.
As of now, I started taking cooking class with kids, thought of preparing some no cook recipes, this one striked my mind and I directed kids to prepare it with little twist in ingredients from what chef made, as it would be easy for kids. Kids loved it a lot, they prepared it with all interest and it got vanished in minutes. Also heard from their parents that they tried it at home, and it tasted heavenly. Let us move on to the recipe…
- Orange juice – 1 cup
- Biscuits – 12 nos
- Kiwi – 2 nos
- Apple – 1 nos
- Banana – 2 nos
- Cherries – 2 nos
- Powdered sugar – 2 tsp
- Crush 4 to 5 biscuits and then break 4 to 5 biscuits into small pieces. Keep it aside.
- Peel and finely chop the apples into small sizes.
- Peel and thinly slice the bananas into round shape.
- Peel and thinly slice the kiwi into round shape and then halve them.
- Dip the biscuit pieces in orange juice and keep it aside.
- Take a glass, add in the biscuit pieces as the first layer, then add in the crushed biscuits as second layer.
- Add in the half the quanity of apple pieces as the third layer, then half the quantity of the banana pieces as the fourth layer and then the kiwi fruits as the fifth layer.
- Pour in 2 tbsps of orange juice.
- Repeat the same process with the leftover fruits and pour in a tbsp. of orange juice.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar over the fruits and top it with a cherry in the centre.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Do check out my other dessert recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/desserts/