As valentine’s day is nearing and being a food blogger thought of preparing a cookie or cake which binds to different dough, and when combined together gives a mass hit. Like how when two different people combine together in life and give a mass hit as a couple.
CLICK HERE for more Baking Recipes
Marbled rose cookies has wonderful flavor, excellent fragrance and melts in mouth, goes out well with a cup of milk. Also it’s very simple and easy to prepare right from beginners till everyone. Give a try and make your valentine surprise this valentine’s day with marbled rose cookies. It’s Friday and let me take it to Fiesta Friday #156 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner. Let me share the recipe…
Marbled Rose Cookies – Valentines Recipe
- Maida / All-purpose flour – 2 cups
- Butter – ½ cup
- Egg – 1 no
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
- Baking powder – ½ tsp
- Rose food colour – few drops
- Salt – ¼ tsp
Making of Marbled Rose Cookies –
- Take a wide mouth bowl, crack the eggs, pour the vanilla essence, sugar, butter and beat it well, until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the salt, maida/all-purpose flour little by little and start folding them gently together with your hands.
- Roll it to a ball, divide it to two equal portions, add rose food color to one portion and knead it well.
- Now combine both the dough and knead it softly.
- Dust the working platform with flour, flatten the dough and cut it to desired shape.
- Meanwhile preheat the microwave to 180-degree C and bake it for about 8 mins at 180-degree C.
- After baking, let it rest for 5 to 10 mins, and then gently remove it from the tray.
Store it in an air-tight container once it reaches the room temperature. Stays fresh for 2 weeks.
Usually my kids like to have creamy desserts, and also when I got to see strawberries in season with street vendor, like to curate a dessert with strawberry. This resulted in my strawberry fool, more creaminess with little crunchiness would pair well and so resulted my Cardamom Pistachios Short Bread Fingers.
CLICK HERE for more dessert recipes.
Name looks big and complicated but this dessert gets ready in 30 mins, which feels more heavenly, delicious. More over a perfect dessert for FEBRUARY – Surprise your love with this dessert. Do check out the video link for the right texture and color. Let me share the recipe…
Strawberry Fool with Pistachios and Cardamom Short Bread Fingers
- All-Purpose flour / Maida – 1 cup
- Butter – ¾ cup
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Pistachios (finely chopped) – 12 nos
- Cardamom powder – ¾ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Strawberry – 15 nos
- Sugar for Strawberry fool – ¾ cup
- Whipping cream – 1 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
Making of Strawberry Fool with Cardamom and Pistachios Short Bread Fingers –
- Wash and chop the strawberry into pieces, pour a cup of water in a sauce pan, add the strawberries and lemon juice. Leave it to boil.
- Blanch the pistachios and finely chop them to pieces.
- Add sugar, give a stir when the strawberries are almost cooked.
- Cook until it thickens and the strawberries comes to mashing consistency.
- Beat the whipping cream until it forms soft perks, add the mashed strawberry and fold it well until it blends well.
- Drop it to a small glass, refrigerate it for few mins.
- Take a bowl, add the all-purpose flour/maida, butter, sugar and crumble them well with your fingers.
- Add the blanched pistachios and cardamom powder, knead it well to a ball.
- Wrap it in a cling film, and refrigerate for 10 to 15 mins.
- Meanwhile preheat the microwave to 180-degree C.
- After 10 mins, dust the working platform with all-purpose flour, take a small portion of the dough and roll it gently.
- Cut them into rectangle (finger shape) and bake it at 180-degree C for 10 mins or until it starts turning golden brown in color.
- Now take the refrigerated glasses, slide the shortbread fingers, sprinkle little finely chopped strawberries and pistachios.
As of the VALENTINES DAY – I want to prepare something special for my cooking class with kids, which would help them prepare it easily at home and serve for their parents.
Moreover I love the taste of pomegranate and lemonade, when combined as pomegranate lemonade it was too delicious. So prepare this simple Lemonade for this Valentine’s Day and enjoy up to the sky. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other beverages recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/
- Pomegranate seeds – 2 cups
- Lemon – 3 nos
- Powdered sugar – 4 tsp
- Take the pomegranate seeds in a mixier after reserving a handful of pomegranate aside for later use.
- Grind it for just seconds. Drain the juice and remove the residue from the juice.
- Cut the lemon into equal halves take out the juice and keep it aside.
- Take a glass, pour in pomegranate juice for almost half of the glass.
- Pour in the lemon juice for almost quarter of the glass.
- Fill the glass with water. Add in 2 tsp of powdered sugar, stir it well.
- Add in few pieces of pomegranate seeds to the juice and let it settle at the bottom of the glass.
- Add in a lemon slice, slit the lemon wedge in a corner and insert it in the glass.
Serve chilled or at warm temperature.
Note: You can use chilled water or can top with ice cubes. Do not grind the pomegranate for long time, so that the seeds would get grinded and would taste little sour.