As I have shared recently, Kambu/bajra idly dosa batter, thought of sharing dosa using the batter. You can also make Idlies and Kuzhipaniyaram using the same batter. It goes perfect for breakfast, you can also use this for dinner but it’s good to consume 2 to 3 hrs before you go to bed. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for Dosa Collections.
Kambu / Pearl Millet / Bajra Dosa
- Kambu/Pearl Millet/Bajra Idly Dosa Batter – 2 cups
- Water – 3 tbsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp.
Making of Kambu / Pearl Millet / Bajra Dosa –
- Take the batter in a wide mouth bowl, pour the batter to the bowl along with water.
- Mix it well, so that the batter comes to the right consistency.
- Heat the tawa, rub it with oil, pour a ladle full of batter in the center of the tawa and spread it in circular motion all over the tawa.
- Drizzle little oil along the sides and on the top of dosa, wait until it starts turning golden borwn.
- Swap the side and cook for another min.
- Remove from fire.
Serve it with Chutney and Sambar. Also, it goes out well with Tangy Brinjal curry or Dry fish curry.
Note: You can also add finely chopped onions and vegetables, in this dosa.
There are many varieties of Dosa, instead of rice and urad dal, wheat flour, rava, moong dal are also used to prepare dosa. Also dosa can be stuffed with veggies or non veg like chicken, mutton as they give different flavor and taste.
Do check out the below link by clicking the name of the dosa to prepare different varieties of Dosa and Dosa Batter along with step by step pictures.
Do check out this link for Chutney collections: https://madraasi.com/recipes/chutneys-dips/.
Do check out this link for Sambar: Tiffin Sambar (goes out well for breakfast) and Sambhar.
Do check out this link for Chicken curry: Chicken Curry for Idly and Dosa and Chicken Korma.
Do check out this link for Mutton curry: Mutton curry and Mutton Bones Curry.
Note: Stay updated for more dosa varieties and chutney varieties.
If you find the post interesting, do encourage me by your follow, likes, shares and valuable comments on: Facebook – Madraasi, Twitter – ImMadraasi, Google+ – ImMadraasi, Instagram- ImMadraasi, Tumblr – ImMadraasi, Pinterest – ImMadraasi
Once in a while, I enter into my memories. One such memories was when I was in U.K, I had a dish named crepe which was similar to our Dosa. But was filled with some chocolate spread, so I thought of putting Nutella in our Dosa. Wow really amazing, it turned out good. Kids loved love to have it. Nutella Dosa so called – “Kids friendly Dosa”. Let us move on to the recipe…
Sweet Dosa / Nutella Dosa
- Dosa batter – 1 cup
- Nutella spread – 1 bottle
- Butter – 50 gms
Dosa batter spread on the griddle
Nutella and butter spreaded overr dosa
Sweet Dosa / Nutella Dosa
- Heat the griddle, place a pinch of butter on the griddle, spread it all over the griddle.
- Pour in a spoon of batter and spread it all over the griddle.
- Add in a tsp of butter over the dosa, wait until it spreads all over the dosa.
- Add a tbsp of nutella over the dosa and spread it with a spoon all over the dosa after a min (so that it will be easy to spread the nutella).
- Wait for a min, until the dosa is cooked.
- Swap the side of the dosa and again swap the side in 5 seconds.
- Roll the dosa and remove from fire.
Serve hot as a tea time snack or can also be served as breakfast and dinner for kids.