As I have started preparing #afterschoolsnacks, wonder what to prepare today for snacks. Got to see a bread packet and some leftover corn kernels and cheese cubes in the refrigerator. Thought of preparing Bread cups and later it resulted in a bread bowl too. #afterschoolsnacks
When I started preparing this dish, felt little confusion whether it would work out, think may be of having migraine. But continued the process and the outcome was fantastic which made me very happy. These corn cheese bread cups disappeared in moments, my son liked it to the core. Feeding him is being a great challenge for me, what do a mother needs than this. #backtohomesnacks
It was delicious, resembled almost pizza but the taste and crunchiness of the bread made it stand away from pizza. Very simple, easy and less consumption healthy dish for kids. Let me share the recipe…
- Bread Slices – 12 nos
- Corn kernels (boiled) – ½ cup
- Onion – 1 no
- Tomato – 1 no
- Capsicum – ½ no
- Mixed Italian herbs (oregano, chives, rosemary) – 1 tbsp
- Cheese cubes – 5 nos
- Tomato Sauce – 3 tbsp
- Melted Butter – 2 tbsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Trim the sides of the bread slices and keep it aside.
- Peel and finely chop the onions and tomato. Deseed and finely chop the capsicum.
- Grate the cheese cubes and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, take the finely chopped onion, tomato, capsicum, sprinkle the Italian seasoning along with pepper powder, salt and mix them all together. Keep it aside.
- Preheat the microwave to 180 degree C.
- Grease a muffin tray, brush the bread slices with butter, and gently press the bread to the muffin mould.
- Sprinkle little cheese to the bread, then spoon in the vegetable mix, pour in a tsp of tomato sauce and top it with grated cheese.
- Continue the same with all the breads and bake them at 180 degree C for 2 to 3 mins.
- Remove them gently and serve hot.
- For Corn cheese bread bowl – Take a slice of bread and cut it in the center. Now sprinkle little grated cheese over a bread slice and place the center chopped bread slice over it.
- Add in the vegetable mix, pour in a tsp of tomato sauce and top it with grated cheese.
- Bake it for 2 to 3 mins at 180 degree C and serve hot.
Serve hot with coffee, tea or milk.