As most of us are looking out for healthy recipes, but like to have desserts especially when it comes to cakes, who say no? So thought of making a healthy cake, this resulted in my vegan Coffee Cake with walnuts. Already I shared my Coffee Cake with Nutty crunch and this cake is very special and completely different from that as it has no eggs, no butter, no sugar, and no milk and prepared with wheat flour/atta.
This cake is very healthy dessert and good not only for weight watchers, but also for diabetes people. Also this tastes yum, and has the soft and fluffy texture which would be liked by everyone. Enjoy your winter by giving a try to this healthy and delicious Vegan Coffee Cake. Let me share the recipe…
CLICK HERE for more baking recipes.
Awwww. Its Friday, taking my cake to Fiesta Friday #149 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
Vegan Coffee Cake with Walnuts
- Wheat flour / Atta – 1 ½ cups
- Baking powder – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – ½ tsp
- Walnuts – ½ cup
- Oil – 1 cup
- Black Coffee – 1 cup
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Organic Brown Sugar – 1 cup
Making of Vegan Coffee Cake with Walnuts –
- Sieve the wheat flour, cinnamon powder, salt and baking powder, all together in a bowl. Keep it aside.
- Crush or finely chop the walnuts to pieces and keep it aside.
- Take a wide mouth bowl, pour oil, black coffee, lemon juice and add the organic brown sugar, mix it well until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Take 2 tsps of sieved flour and keep it aside.
- Add the leftover sieved flour to the black coffee mixture, little by little and fold them well without any lumps.
- Meanwhile preheat the microwave to 180 degree C and grease the cake tray.
- Add the walnuts to the reserved sieved flour and mix it well. Make sure that the walnuts have got coated well with the flour.
- Add walnuts along with the flour to the cake batter and mix it well. Refer the above video for the consistency.
- Transfer the cake batter to the greased tray and bake it for 5 to 10 mins or until a tooth pick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean at 180 degree C.
- Once baked, let the cake rest for 5 mins and transfer the cake to a plate.
Serve hot or at room temperature or chilled. Perfect for a tea-time or perfect for brunch with a scoop of ice cream.
Gateau is a rich cake, with layers of cream or fruit. Gateau can be prepared with biscuits, cakes, breads… I thought of attempting it with bread.
One of the heavenly dessert from my kitchen. Not only me also kids and hubby loved it to the core. Also I would say it has different taste when served at room temperature and refrigerated. I would prefer the refrigerated one.
It was simple, easy and needs few ingredients. Anyone can make, even the kids. Also I would say it’s going to be the healthiest one because of the fruits and cheese in it. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other desserts in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/desserts/
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #109 hosted by Angie@thenovicegarderner.
- Bread slices – 4 nos
- Banana – 1 no
- Hershey’s syrup (chocolate) – 2 tbsp
- Hershey’s syrup (strawberry) – 1 ½ tbsp.
- Cream cheese – 4 tbsp
- Cashewnuts – 10 nos
- Walnuts – 10 nos
- Badam / Almonds – 10 nos
- Sugar – 1 ½ tsp
- Butter – 1 tbsp.
Mashed banana with sugar
With hersey’s syrup (strawberry)
tasted bread layered with banana and sprinkled with ground nuts mixture
Layered with cream cheese
- Heat a tsp of butter in a non-stick tawa, toast the bread slices, sprinkle butter on the sides.
- Swap the sides of the bread and cook until they start turning golden brown.
- Take cashew nuts, walnuts, badam/almonds in a mixier and pulse them to a coarse powder.
- Transfer it to a bowl and keep it aside.
- Peel and chop the banana to small pieces, transfer it to a bowl and mash the banana’s using spoon or hands (be sure no lumps should be formed).
- Heat a pan, add in the mashed banana along with a tsp of sugar and pour hershey’s syrup (strawberry).
- Cook until it thickens and starts leaving the sides or for 7 mins.
- Transfer it to a bowl.
- Take out the sides of the toasted butter, cut each and every slices to two equal halves.
- Add a tsp of banana mixture, spread it over the bread.
- Sprinkle the ground nuts to the top of the banana mixture.
- Add in ½ tsp of cream cheese over the nuts and spread them slightly.
- Drizzle hershey’s syrup (chocolate) and refrigerate for 30 mins.
Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Note: You can prepare this with any fruits of your flavor or you can also combine fruits of your choice. Instead of bread, you can also prepare with biscuits, rusks.