It was few months back I started my youtube channel and I have been updating videos for it. I have also updated videos for the day by day recipes and also for the older ones, which I have updated along with the post. Bu just like that I wanted to share it over here also, so that it would be easy for you refer the videos and after watching the videos do not forget to share your suggestions and do subscribe with our channel — www.youtube.com/user/madraasi
Making of Curd (yogurt) Chicken –
Making of Lamb Head Curry / Thalakari –
Making of Duck Briyani –
Making of Nungu Payasam / Ice-Apple Kheer –
Making of Field Beans Curry / Mochakottai Kulambu –
Making of Coconut Milk –
Sweet Potato Paratha is one such delicious recipe, which made in minutes and also good for lunch box. As they have a sweet taste, it would be liked by most of the kids. I could remember very well during winters; sweet potatoes are available all over the local markets. During Pongal, my mom use to get these sweet potatoes, cook them, peel the skin and we have it as such. It would be yum, but nowadays when I served it the same way my mom served it me, my kids do not want to have it.
For more Breakfast / Dinner recipes, CLICK HERE.
Health Benefits of Sweet Potato – Sweet Potato is one of the high calorie food with no saturated FATS or CHOLESTEROL and rich in dietary fiber, vitamins and minerals. The Vitamin B6 in them, helps keep the walls of arteries and blood vessels flexible and healthy which allows blood flow freely. It helps in the treatment of anemia and several premenstrual symptoms in women.
Taking this to Fiesta Friday #156 hosted by Angie@thenovicegardener.
Usually I don’t miss to use the seasonal produce, so thought of creating a recipe with sweet potatoes and this resulted in my sweet potato paratha where I served it with Tomato dip and Mushroom potato curry. Let me share the recipe…
Sweet Potato Paratha
- Sweet potato paratha – 2 nos (medium sized)
- Wheat flour – 2 cups
- Green chillies – 2 nos
- Cumin powder – 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil – 4 tbsp
Making of Sweet Potato Paratha:
- Roughly chop the sweet potatoes to medium size and pressure-cook them for 2 whistles (up to mashing consistency).
- Finely chop the green chillies and keep it aside.
- Take the wheat flour in a wide mouth bowl, make a well in the center, pour ½ cup of water, and knead the flour to a dough.
- Pour water little by little and knead the flour to dough.
- Finally pour a 1 tbsp of oil and knead the dough for 15 mins.
- Cover it with a damp cloth and let it rest for 15 to 20 mins.
- Meanwhile, remove the lid from the pressure-cooker when the pressure subsides.
- Drain the water, peel the skin and transfer the sweet potatoes to a wide mouth bowl.
- Add the cumin powder, salt and green chillies, mash them to a paste.
- Divide the dough to a medium size ball, dust the surface and flatten the rolled balls.
- Place a small portion of the mashed sweet potato and again roll the dough to a ball.
- Dust the surface with flour and gently flatten the rolled-out dough.
- Heat a tawa, rub the tawa with oil, place the flatten dough, drizzle oil along the sides of the paratha.
- Cook in medium flame by swapping both sides, until they turn golden brown in color.
Serve hot with Tomato Dip and any gravy or curry. I have served it with Mushroom Potato curry.
My mom use to prepare this Chicken Kurma very often, when served with idly it tastes delicious. I love this kurma a lot, also kids love this to core because of it’s mild spiciness and taste. We use to call this “Pachai kulambu(Green curry)”. Let us move on to the recipe…
Chicken Kurma / Chicken Korma
Serves – 8 people
Preparation time – 15 mins
Cooking time – 15 mins
- Chicken – 1 kg
- Big onion – 1 no
- Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
- Cumin seeds – ¼ tsp
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp (or as per your taste)
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Curry leaf – a strand
- Coconut (shredded or pieces) – 3 tbsp
- Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
- Anise/Fennel seeds – 1 tsp
- Poppy seeds – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Ginger – 1 inch
- Green chillies – 3 nos
- Cinnamon – ½ inch
- Cloves – 2 nos
Making of Chicken Kurma / Chicken Korma –
- Clean the chicken. Cut into small pieces.
- Peel and finely chop the onions.
- Grind all the ingredients together listed under the grinding list to a fine paste by adding water.
- Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add in the mustard, cumin seeds, curry leaves and wait until they crackle.
- Add in the onions and fry till golden brown.
- Add in the chicken, turmeric powder and salt and cook for few mins.
- Now pour the grounded paste and cook for few mins or until the raw smell goes off.
- Pour 2 cups of water and wait till it boil, pressure-cook for 2 whistles.
- Remove the lid, when the pressure subsides and serve hot.
Serve hot with Idly, dosa, rotis, puri and chapathi. Goes well for breakfast and dinner.
Ingredients to be ground
With chicken, turmeric powder and salt
With ground masala
About to pressure cook
After pressure cooked
Chicken Kurma / Chicken Korma