Getting the name watermelon juice, what everyone would expect is the usual watermelon juice. But recently I had a little spicy and sweet version of watermelon in a restaurant. Also I want to try it at home, gave a try and the juice was fabulous.
I have induced little black pepper powder and salt to enhance more flavor to the juice. A perfect coolant which helps a lot in digestion. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other summer recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/2016/04/07/summer-recipes-chill-chill-cool-cool/ and check out this link for other beverage recipes: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/
- Watermelon – 2 cups
- Black pepper powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – a pinch
- Sugar – as needed
- Take the roughly chopped watermelons, deseed them and blend them well to a fine juice.
- Sprinkle a pinch of salt, 3 tsp of sugar and ¼ tsp of black pepper powder and again blend them well.
- Refrigerate for 30 mins.
When the boiling summer started, not only kids but also kids and elder people, we crave to have something chill like ice creams and juices. But for having this we need to move to an ice cream parlour or a super market in this boiling summer. Nobody wants to move out, but you can do something which is healthy, perfect for summer with everything natural.
As a result comes my melon popsicles, a very healthy, no added preservatives, colors, essence and everything natural and kids can have as many as they want. Also a perfect way for kids to consume fruits for summers. A perfect coolant give a try and #beattheheat this summer. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other summer recipes in this link: https://madraasi.com/2016/04/07/summer-recipes-chill-chill-cool-cool/
Preparation Time: 4 to 6 hrs
Yields: 12 Popsicles
- Watermelon – ½ kg
- Musk melon – ½ kg
- Grapes (Black) – 15 nos
- Sugar – 2 tbsp (optional)
Melon popsicles with Grapes
Watermelon Popsicles, Muskmelon Popsicle and Watermelon and Muskemlon Popsicles
- Separate the skin of watermelon, roughly chop them into pieces, deseed the pieces and keep them aside.
- Separate the skin of muskmelon, scoop out the seeds, roughly chop them into pieces and keep them aside.
- Wash and slice the grapes into thin pieces and keep it aside.
- Take the watermelon in a blender along with a tbsp. of sugar and blend them to a juice, transfer it to a bowl and keep it aside.
- Take the popsicles mould, fill half of the mould with watermelon juice and add in few pieces of grapes.
- Freeze them for 2 hrs or until it freezes (medium solid), do not cover it.
- Remove the popsicles from the freezer, pour in the muskmelon over the watermelon, and add in grapes slices.
- Cover the popsicles or insert a ice cream stick and freeze it for another 3 to 4 hrs or until it freezes completely.
- After 4 hrs remove the popsicles from the freezer and keep them in a bowl of tap water for 5 mins.
- Gently lift the cover to get the popsicles.
Note: You can also make this any fruits of your flavor or can make with a single fruit. Also I have prepared few muskmelon popsicles and watermelon popsicles. If you like to have little spicy flavor in the popsicles, you can add ¼ tsp of black pepper powder and a pinch of salt along with sugar when you are about to blend.
As of summer recently I have been sharing few juices, milkshakes and mojito recipes, this watermelon mint mojito is one among them. Watermelon Mint Mojito is a very inviting drink for this summer. Coming to benefits, as all of us know that watermelon has lots and lots of water content and mint a coolant, now the combination of both these would be good and refreshing drink for this summer. Let us move on to the recipe…
Watermelon Mint Mojito
- Watermelon – 1 no (small size)
- Mint – a fistful
- Lemon – 2 nos
- Sugar – 2 tbsp
- Peel and roughly chop the watermelon into medium pieces.
- Wash the mint leaves. Squeeze out lemon for the juice.
- Take the watermelon pieces, sugar, mint leaves and lemon juice together in a blender and blend them well.
- Strain the juice and add some water to it. Give a stir and refrigerate.
Serve chilled. Top with lemon wedges and mint leaves before serving.