Gingerbread is one most familiar recipe during winters and a must for Christmas and New Year feast. When I got see most of my blogger buddies sharing Gingerbread Men cookies, thought of sharing something different from that and this resulted me for this Gingerbread Cake.
Gingerbread cake consumes almost 5 mins more than the regular cakes, but it tastes heavenly, smells winter with moist texture and beautiful color. Let me share the recipe here, why wait, give a try and feel the winter before it moves off.
CLICK HERE for more Christmas and New Year recipe and CLICK HERE for more baking recipes.
- All-Purpose flour – 2 ½ cups
- Brown sugar- 2 cups
- Vegetable oil – 1 ¾ cups
- Molasses / Palm Jaggery sryup – 3 tbsp
- Baking powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Cooking soda – ½ tsp
- Cloves powder – ½ tsp
- Cinnamon powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Dry ginger powder – 1 ½ tsp
- Eggs – 3 nos (room temperature)
- Butter milk – 300 ml
- Milk – 150 ml
- Salt – ¼ tsp
Making of Gingerbread Cake –
- In a wide mouth bowl, sieve all-purpose flour, baking powder, cooking soda, cinnamon powder, salt, cloves powder and dry ginger powder, all together and keep it aside.
- In another bow, break the eggs, add brown sugar and beat it until the sugar dissolves.
- Add molasses/palm jaggery syrup followed by vegetable oil, butter milk and milk by beating them at regular intervals of time.
- Meanwhile pre-heat the microwave to 180 degree C and grease the baking tray.
- Add the sieved flour little by little to the wet ingredients and fold them gently (make sure no lumps are formed).
- Pour the batter to the baking tray and bake at 180 degree C for 10 mins or until the tooth pick inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Transfer it to plate, once it comes to room temperature.
Serve at room temperature.
- Cream cheese – 1 cup
- Powdered sugar – ¾ cup
- Bring the cream cheese to room temperature, transfer it to a bowl, add the powdered sugar and beat it well until the sugar dissolves.
- Cut the cake into two equal halves, spread the cream cheese frosting over a piece of cake and cover it with the other piece.
- Spread the cream cheese frosting all over the cake and refrigerate for 5 to 6 hrs.
Cut and serve chilled.
Being a home maker, mother, and now a blogger, I expect perfection in all my work so that at least I can get my best. Moreover being a self-satisfied person I like to do all my work by myself. I love to have a environment clean and tidy, even having a maid, once in a month or before any special occasion, I use to clean my whole house by myself with the help of maid. Cleaning is not at all a tough job, but when it comes to kitchen I am very curious in cleaning, because of the crawling insects.
Product Review – LAL HIT
I would say that cleaning kitchen and bathrooms are not an easy task, so in this fast moving world where everyone are busy, again it’s not an easy task to clean the house very often. But we have to maintain the cleanliness every, now and then, as “HEALTHY HOME LEADS TO HEALTHY LIVING”.
CLICK HERE for more Christmas recipes
But for last few years I am glad to have LAL HIT as part of my kitchen cleaning. It has reduced by efforts in cleaning process. It comes with a Deep Reach Nozzle, which can be used in kitchen sinks, near cylinders, every nook and corner (behind the door, windows…). I use this into kitchen once in a month. Now it’s this “LAL HIT” – the crawling insect killer, which helps me leave fruits, vegetables (covered with a net basket) in my kitchen shelf, vegetables in kitchen cupboard to stay safe away from the cockroaches. #SayNoToFoodPoisoning
Say not to FOOD POISONING with LAL HIT
As of Christmas and New Year, everyone would be cleaning your house in full swing and I would recommend using LAL HIT not just during Christmas cleaning but during each month’s kitchen cleaning to get rid of cockroaches and stay away from the diseases like Food Poisoning, Typhoid, Cholera and Diarrhea… Now let me share an easy EGGLESS Tutty Frutty Sponge cake with the both the vanilla and chocolate flavor in it (MARBLE CAKE).
- Maida / All-purpose flour – 2 cups
- Hot Milk – 1 ½ cups
- Butter (melted) – 1 ¼ cup
- Baking powder – 1 ¼ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp
- Cocoa powder – 2 tbsp
- Powdered sugar – 1 cup
- Tutty Frutty (green, yellow, red color) – ½ cup
- Sieve maida/all-purpose flour, baking powder and salt together in a bowl.
- In another wide mouth bowl, pour the hot milk, melted butter, vanilla essence and beat well.
- Add the sugar and beat until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the sieved flour little by little and fold it to the milk-butter mixture.
- Sieve the cocoa powder in a small bowl, pour half the quantity of batter and fold it well with the cocoa powder.
- Add tutty-frutty to the vanilla batter and fold it well.
- Preheat the microwave to 180 degree C, grease a baking tray.
- Pour in the vanilla batter and pour the cocoa batter over it.
- Stir it gently with a fork and bake it until a fork inserted in the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Transfer it to a plate, once it comes to room temperature.