Guava Yogurt Parfait is one such healthiest, delicious and filling recipe which can be consumed for breakfast, brunch. Followed by Banana Oats Smoothie (protein-rich, paleo-friendly, weigh-loss) recipe here comes the other one. Also few more on line, stay tuned with us. This would most suite the people those who are looking for Protein rich, Paleo-friendly, Diabetic-friendly, weight loss and body building recipes.
It is very simple, easy and can be prepared in minutes. I have used ripen guava, if you want the texture to be crunchy you can use semi-ripen guava. Let me share the recipe…
Guava Yogurt Parfait
- Guava – 1 no
- Museli – 1 cup
- Yogurt – 1 cup (plain or greek yogurt)
- Organic brown sugar – ½ tsp (optional)
Making of Guava Yogurt Parfait –
- Wash and finely chop the guava to pieces.
- Take a glass or a bowl, add museli, and then pour yogurt over it.
- Add museli over yogurt, pour 2 tbsp of yogurt and top it with chopped guava.
Note: You can sprinkle sugar over this, when consumed by kids.
Lassi is one of the refreshing, cold beverage from India. There are certain fruits used as flavoring to enhance better taste for lassi. Summer is the season of Mangoes – the King of Fruits. Everyone including from kids till elderly people likes mangoes to the core. Mango Lassi is a yogurt-based drink blended with mango pulp for flavor with a sprinkle of cardamom. Lassi being one of the most familiar and perfect drink for hot hot summers.
Do check out my sweet laasi in this link:https://madraasi.com/2015/03/15/sweet-lassi/ , mint lassi: https://madraasi.com/2016/03/22/mint-lassi/ and other summer recipes: https://madraasi.com/2016/04/07/summer-recipes-chill-chill-cool-cool/
Let us move on to the recipe…
- Mangoes (Alphonso) – 1 no
- Yogurt/Curd – 2 cups
- Milk – ½ cup
- Granulated sugar – 3 tbsp
- Cardamom powder – ¼ tsp
Mangoes and cardamom powder
About to blend – mangoes, cardamom powder, milk and sugar
- Peel and roughly chop the mangoes.
- Take mango pieces, milk, sugar and cardamom powder in a blender, blend them to a fine paste.
- Now pour in the curd/yogurt, and whip for a min at regular intervals.
- Transfer to a glass, top with ice cubes.
Note: Do not blend, once you pour in the curd. Just whipping does the great job, else you would be out of perfect texture.
Already I have shared Lassi during last summer and now for this summer thought of trying something new with lassi. This year I feel that I am getting roasted when I was cooking around 1 p.m for my lunch and I wanted to have something chill chill cool cool. Thought what to cook, when I saw my balcony garden found my beautifully grown mint leaves and thought of trying out a drink with mint leaves and really I am bored of Mojito. Here resulted my idea of Mint Lassi. A perfect coolant for Indian summer.
Mint Lassi was too delicious, the only thing I felt in this drink was I should add little more mint leaves for more flavor, but kids would love only this quantity of mint leaves. Let us move on to the recipe…
Do check out my other beverages recipe in this link: https://madraasi.com/recipes/beverages/ and lassi recipe in this link: https://madraasi.com/2015/03/15/sweet-lassi/.
- Mint leaves – 1 fistful
- Yogurt/Curd (Chilled) – 3 cups
- Milk (at room temperature or chilled) – 1 cup
- Sugar – 4 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Separate the mint leaves from the stalk, wash them well and keep it aside.
- In the mixer, take sugar, milk, salt and mint leaves and blend them well.
- Pour in the half the quantity of yogurt/curd, whip it for few seconds.
- Now pour in the rest of the yogurt/curd, whip it for two seconds.
- Transfer it to a glass.
Garnish it with mint leaves and serve chilled or at room temperature.